Part 1 - 1.2

𝕵𝖆𝖍𝖆𝖓

The next morning, my thoughts drifted to these past few days, and the king himself. I know there's just something about him that we don't know yet. What is it though?

"Excuse me sire, but I believe you are lost".

The sentence struck me. I'm still not used to someone calling me something other than formal addresses, for example 'your highness'.

I turned around. I think this was the kings advisor. And also I don't think I'm lost, I just lost track of where I was walking.

"His majesty's throne room is the other way" he pointed.

I looked in that direction.

My English was still not the best, so I barely got what he saying.

"No, me going to dining area" I stuttered out. In these kind of situations, King Louis did the English speaking. I hated this language barrier.

"Oh the dining is still in that direction" he pointed out." Let me lead you".

I didn't really understand so he signaled me to follow him. I guess he was right. I am lost, this castle is big.

We walked in silence, until the advisor spoke up.

"How is his majesty?".

Assuming he was talking about the King. "Bad" I replied honestly in a low whisper. He seemed surprised that I had the courage to say that.

"Could I ask why?".

Oh no, more speaking.

"Us treating, bad. Standing for hours" I put together random words which hopefully made sense. I didn't know how to say 'forced to obey every stupid rule'.

We were forbidden by King Arthur to never speak of the dark powers or why we were here. So we were living on a lie, I hate it.

"Oh, his highness can be quite rough sometimes,"

Sometimes, he got yelled at by the King several times.

", but he wasn't always like that".

I kinda understood this sentence which made me realise I should be thankful that I took those English lessons.

"The king used to be so much kinder to everyone. But now, I do not know what happened. Rumours are, that the king is under a spell, or has become power-hungry" he explained.

Yeah, I got nothing from that so I decided to remember some words so the others could translate later. King Dann seemed good at that.

I nodded in response. As said previously, I hated this language barrier.

"We're here," he said. I looked up, the door was engraved beautifully.

"Thank you," I said.

We've never been in the dining room. Only the king is allowed to eat in there, not even we could enter.. Why did he change his mind??

I went in anyway.

♔︎

Surprisingly most of them were here already. How did they find it?

"Finally showed up," the King said. He sat at the end of the long table.

Dann sat to his left, Mujin across from the eldest. Next to him was Louis.

I went to sit between Ivan and Dann.

Chiwoo then arrived sitting next to Louis.

I could sense that Arthur was going to give out to him, but he stopped.

And so the discussion began.