epilogue

I knew it.
I fucking knew it.

The moment you turned, I knew you'd betray me like this.
After everything I've done, I would, too.
That's why I arranged for that domain to open up.
Right when I was about to feel the full, burning, force of your hydro vision, it opened up and swallowed us both whole.

I saved you.
So why do you cry?
It's annoying.

The first week you were here, all you did was cry and fight. Lash out with me. I underestimated the sheer force of your anger, your fear, and the power of your nails against my cheek. It took so much coaxing, so much resting your head in my lap and playing you music, just to get you to stop sobbing and biting and scratching. I'm okay with it. It's another memory, another mark, of you. Their even more special now.

I never, never, thought Morax would do this.
He's a traitor.

I never, never, thought that your contact with Lumine on that day would mean something.
I never, never, thought that this was all fake.
That this last month where I could keep you closed in this domain, in my arms, was fake.
I miss it.
It was so perfect.

But he opened it back up.
The door.

I know where to find you.
How to find my way back.

Next time, I'll be the cruel archon you made me out to be.

I fucking love you.
And now, this final song of the stars, is the last thing I'll play. The last thing you'll hear. As your head rests against my shin, my legs crossed to rest your slumbering body, I can hear your voice. For the last time. Your eyes are fixated on some point out in the distance, where the sky seems to ripple and sway. I take no notice. This false reality, created to be like our spot on Starsnatch cliff, is as well known to me as the depths of your eyes. "I really did love you." I can't understand the past tense. "I love you, too."

That's when I see it. The thing you were looking out.
The domains only exit, stretching wide open, Lumine's arm reaching through the middle like a knife. You run. Fast. Hard.

"STOP! PLEASE, S/O! PLEASE!"
I love you.
Listen to me.
I love you.

That's why your not making it out of here alive.

end of let me play you a tune.