Chapter 1 - Father's Death

After the grieve of pass away, Alexander and Alessia managed to moved on the death bed of Adrastea's passed away. The glaives, the councils, the king, and even the party gave them a deep condolence. Everyone was in deep grief ever since Adrastea's demise. Awakes of shocking curiousity Alexander was suddenly remind the news that he was going to be retired to being a 1st glaive soldier. All the councils and the king of the royal palace got ghastly about the news, civilians trusted and worship him being the greatest inspirational person in the whole world. But to blame of Adrastea's death has gotten worst his mind that he won't be able to focus for being an inspirational soldier.

Around the afternoon, after Alexander trained recklessly he fiddled the envelope bills as he sighed exhaustedly about the past due payment of the hospital bills since 6 months ago.

"Ah, Goddamn it.", he grunted as he threw the enveloped bill on the booth.

"Hospital bills?", she said as she pour the water on her cup of coffee. "Just... put it at the bottom of the pile.". she said as she shrugged. 

"We can't ignore it."

"Sure you can.", she said as she click the stove. "We voted for universal health care... Just... tell 'em were taking a political stance." she said.

He hummed in amusement and proud of his smart daughter as Alessia smiled in victory. She turned around as she open the drawer then grabbed the fries on the shelf.

"No, we are not night eating that three nights in a row.", he proclaimed as he stood up in the near by booth then walked towards to his daughter.

"Dad, c'mon. Y'know you love this too.", she remarked.

"It's not happening.", he simply stated as he tried to snatched it away from her then grabbed her causing her to squeal in delight then snatched the fries away then raised up in the air. Alessia laughed as she hop and hop tried to reach the fries from her father.

"We're gonna order something with vegetables. Fries do not count.", he said as she tried to grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey! No. Stop. Even though your mother is not here anymore we shouldn't abandoned her rules, remember?", he said as suddenly a ring tone was heard then he puts the fries on the ceiling so that her daughter won't be able to reach the ceiling.

"Hello?", he answered the phone call. "Alexander Anderson?", the caller asked.

"My name is Ben Martinez. I'm a journalist for LN24NEWS.", Ben introduced. "I'm doing a story on MagiPrime, and I saw your call with Callyx Rate on TV.", he mentioned meanwhile Alexander leaned his head against hers, then gazed each other in a family loving way as Alessia pat his shoulder in return.

"What do you want?", he asked while he sauntered.

"I can help you get justice for what happen to your wife.", Ben answered as Alexander declined his request. "No you can't. I've been down that road."

Alessia cast her gaze on him as her brows furrowed.

"I have proof that crimes have been commited. Crimes that can land some very powerful people in jail.", Ben dedicated as Alexander quickly discovered someone.

"Rate?", Alexander asked.

"Who's that?", Alessia asked her father curiously as she glimpse his eyes.

He cast his gaze on her then ignored her as he was like that he didn't want his daughter to get involved in the problem situation.

"Especially Rate. We need to talk in person.", Ben ordered.

"You can talk now. Now you have me."

"Not over the phone. Meet me at Gateway Station in 20 minutes. I won't waste your time."