*15

DANIELLE

5:20 A.M.

That's what the digital clock read.

I heard the bustling of cars, ambulance, sirens, and music all around me. I couldn't sleep.

I never could sleep. It's a weakness. A weakness I didn't like. I felt like I had no life, like my life went numb. I could feel the blood of my victims on my hands every time. I could see the blood visually every time I shut my eyes. I could hear the screams of women and children every time I would kill the men that played an important role in their family. Even hearing the screams of families whenever it came down to that.

I sit up straight in my bed and threw the blanket off of me, sitting on the edge trying to figure out what would make me sleep. I know it's not something I shouldn't do but I've got to do it. I get up and started walking to my room door to open it.

I walk out seeing no guards around which kinda made me arch a brow. He usually have guards around, unless he's giving them a night off. I continued to walk where my feet carry me. I continued to walk where my feet wanted to carry me but I stopped at a certain door.

I closed my eyes and knocked on the door, hoping that it would open. No one came to the door which I sigh, turning around to walk back to my room but I heard the door open.

"Danielle?" The deep raspy voice spoke which cause my heart to drop. His voice still had an affect on me. "What's wrong?"

How could he even say this to me? I was so cruel and mean to him. I said things that offended him and yet he's still nice to me. I turned around to see him shirtless with pajama pants, I noticed a tattoo on his arm, a tattoo on his wrist, his long hair tousled whichever way and my thoughts were going whichever way to his appearance.

"How are you still nice to me?" I questioned which he slightly turned his head to the side, with a confused look. "What I said earlier Lukas-"

He waved me off, with a head shake running his fingers in his hair which made me want to run my fingers through it. He still look so.... Good without even trying.

"It's okay."

I sigh, fidgeting with my fingers. "I'm sorry about what I said." I started walking away but he stopped me by grabbing my arm. I turned to him and saw a worry look on his face.

"It's okay." He whispered, looking me in the eyes. Mine looked into his but I think we were both seeing each other for the first time in two years. We were broken. Very broken two individuals who wanted to feel again. Who wanted the love we craved for each other years ago.

But we couldn't. He's married and I'm just a past that should've stayed in the past.

"You couldn't sleep either I suppose. I don't sleep too good anyway." I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out why he didn't sleep when he had someone to lay with.

"What about Aurora? Doesn't she help you sleep?" I questioned, which caused him to shake his head no.

"She's not here right now. I honestly feel cold when she touches me." He said and I arched my eyebrow once again trying to figure why did he feel so cold towards her? I didn't say anything but nod my head, still not understanding but I'm not asking questions. "Since we're both up, would you like to go somewhere to eat breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" I questioned looking at the warm smile he's giving me. He shrugs.

"Yeah we can catch up for lost time." He said causing me to nod my head, agreeing to go with him.

"I just need to get ready if that's okay with you?" I questioned causing him to nod his head.

"Yes I need to get ready also." He spoke. We agreed to meet each other down stairs and we parted ways.