*34*

I paced back and forth thinking about my family, wondering if they were okay

I paced back and forth thinking about my family, wondering if they were okay. As for the clan, they were ready for this war.

We waited for Lukas to tell us the plan so we could get this over with. But then I thought about what happened between him and Archer. I stopped, thinking about Archer. I may need to find him before this war begins. Making my way out of the guest room, I turned to my right going down the stairs.

When my feet landed on the bottom stairs, I could hear the clan cocking guns back and hearing them talk amongst theirselves. I got down and still continued to walk to see Archer in the foyer, sitting down on hallway bench. His laptop sat on his lap as he typed away on it. He's getting ready for this battle.

I started walking towards him and before I could speak he already spoke without looking. "I'm guessing you came to talk to me about something?"

I sat down next to him, looking at something he was typing. It was a letter addressed to whomever. "You read minds too?"

"No." I could see the smile form on his face, "But since I know you're here to talk, what is it?"

Turning to face him, he didn't look until he glanced over at me, closing his laptop down and putting it on the other side of him. He then faced me, giving me all the attention.

"Archer? What happened between you and Lukas earlier?" His smile slowly went away, turning his head away from me.

"Long story short, he was doing a job after you left. Everyone in the clan were doing their jobs trying to find out why Richard was being so discreet, but now since Liv told us what was going on, we knew why. Lukas was on my ass more than anyone else and it....bothered me."

"I think he sees you more like a best friend Arch, I'm pretty sure it was just brotherly love." I spoke causing him to scoff at me.

"I was worried about my sister more than Richard. I couldn't care less about him. He actually wanted me to join his clan but I couldn't betray Lukas, We're best friends. When I joined this clan, it was because my parents knew my skills of becoming a hacker would pay off." He then paused with a sigh.

"I didn't join this clan because of that, I joined this clan so I could protect my best friend. He went through so much and so did I." He add on, causing me to smile that Archer never had a thirst for power, he just wanted to keep his best friend out of harms way.

"Being so close to someone like that could never get me to betray a best-friend.....a brother." I smiled, putting my arm around the man's shoulder.

"And I'm glad you don't have thirst for power Archer. I'm glad none of the guys have a thirst for power. You guys have a family bond that won't ever be broken." I acknowledged with Archer chuckling.

"When this clan was formed, it was formed out of love. Family bonds can never be broken." Archer replied, looking at me as I looked at him.

"So what was going on with you two about keeping the "She" out of harms way. Who was that about?" I questioned at the young man who turned his head, not looking back at me when questioned that.