Chapter 32 ~ Happy Birthday, Zayn!

I'm sorry if Ziall is slow. Slow build-up or slow burn yass. Btw, Niall is dressed as a boy here okay. He initially had his wig but remove it when he's at the company also about his outfit, he's wearing a unisex combo. The typical hoodie, some jeans, beanie and a scarf.  He'll just slipped on his wig when he gets home.

Narrator

Zayn went around the company, not wanting to go home in his current state. He could still feel the weight of his emotions during the unpleasant encounter. Although, he had tried so hard to ignore and maybe forget his mother he couldn't. He pondered how words coming from a person that you haven't spoken nor interacted for so long could wound him up and leave a scar that he doesn't know when will or will it even heal?

He found himself sitting at the chair in the particular studio where Niall recorded the song he made, Through The Dark. He found some sort of comfort in the room maybe because it was a place where he began to stand up on his own, a place where he began to make music. He opened his water bottle and drank, staring from afar and let his thoughts wander. While Zayn sat there at the dimly lit room, Niall was leaning against the frame of the door contemplating on how he could help but he knew he couldn't because the moment he reveals himself and try to give comfort to Zayn is also the moment Zayn will conclude how Niall invaded his privacy and listened to him and his mother's encounter.

Niall grieved over his inability to help Zayn's situation because Zayn has been helping him yet he can't even return the favor even if he wanted to. "Will it be okay? It's his birthday yet he must be feeling hurt. I can't even do anything for him." Then, Niall saw Zayn finished gulping all of his water. Zayn looked at the water with an unsatisfied look. He set the empty bottle on the table beside him.

"Water." Niall immediately thought to himself as he hurried out of the company and into the nearest convenience store. He grabbed two water bottles from the fridge, each bottle held by each of his hand. He set the water bottle down, pushing away the customer who was about to pay. He dropped his payment then dashed out, not even bothering to get the receipt nor let the clerk to scan his items.

When Zayn got back from the bathroom, he subconsciously grabbed the water bottle on the table beside him and tried to twist the cap. Then he realized, 'didn't I already drank all the water?' He just pushed the thought aside and drank the water. He put on the headset, then quickly notice the flickering light.

Niall saw the look of annoyance on Zayn's face as he tried to concentrate on the music sheet in front of him. "Light bulb!" 

Niall quickly change the light bulb taking the opportunity of Zayn's absence then hurriedly left the scene when he was done. Zayn got back and he was quick to notice the light because it wasn't flickering anymore. "That's odd." He scanned the place, walking over to his chair. He then decided to drink water, twisting the cap open yet stopping halfway. "This is odd too." It was a new one, he knew he had taken a sip on the water though it seemed untouched. So he thought of, "Hm, I suddenly wanted to drink coffee." He said in a loud voice to give more emphasis, "Hot coffee."

Niall was thinking of a near place where he could get a hot coffee, smiling wide when he finally thought of one.  He was jiggling the coffee cup in both of his hands as he delivered it back to the company. He struggled climbing the stairs with the cup in his hand.

Zayn was outside the studio and witnessed Niall climbing the stairs with the coffee cup in his hand, "So it was Niall." He smirked in fascination. Then, Niall, who was hurrying his way towards the studio, was just a meter away from Zayn whom decided to call his name. "Niall Horan."

Niall halted, his hand seemed to be able to acclimatize with the hotness of the coffee cup. He was frozen, somewhat like a deer caught in headlights. Zayn sauntered closer to Niall, "What are you doing?"