three - breakfast

We all walk inside together. Ron and I walk up to the boys dorm while Hermione goes to the girls. I quickly change into my pajamas and flop onto my bed with a loud thud.  i turn onto my side, shut my eyes and fall asleep.
*    *    *    *
The sun beams through the window waking me up. I look to the clock to see that the time is 7am, with that, i put on my robes in a lazy sort of way. Once dressed, i go downstairs to the common room.
"Neville, your shirt is on backwards." exclaims Seamus. I look down at my shirt in disgust and walk swiftly back to my room to fix it.
*    *    *    *
I sit down at the gryffindor table eagerly waiting for a good feed. I look over to the ravenclaw table to see none other than luna. She notices me looking and gives a sweet, innocent and beautiful smile. In return i give her a big, awkward, toothy grin. She replies with a faint giggle and I look down at my empty plate, full of embarrassment.
After dumbledores long (not to mention, boring) speech, enormous plates full of bacon, omelettes, waffles and much more appear on the table. I begin piling food onto the plate of my own when I get a sudden tap on the shoulder. It was Harry. "are you going to talk to her, or what?"
"what are you talking about, harry?"
"it's kind of obvious, Neville, you've been gaping at Luna for the past few days now, don't you think you should tell her?"
"um...obvious? How obvious? Do you think she knows? Does-"
"Neville" Harry interrupted "even if she did know, Im sure she'd rather hear it from you than it be some stupid rumor"
He was right. Once harry had left, i got up and walked to the ravenclaw table leaving my plate of fried eggs and bacon behind.
"h-hi, luna" i stutter.
"oh, hi Neville" she replies through a mouthful of mashed potato.
"c-can i, er, talk to you in public? I-i mean-private. Yeah... Private?"
She giggled adorably. "yeah, sure"
We walked together to the quiditch pitch. Awkwardly. Very, very awkwardly. "so, are you ready now?" she asked matter-of-factly. "oh, yeah-"
"Neville, you seem nervous"
"do i? Oh, sorry , I'll get to the point." Luna sat on the grass and tapped the grass next to her as if asking me to sit down. So i did. "look , luna" a wave of confidence seemed to come out of nowhere. "lunar, i have something to confess and you have to promise me that if you don't feel the same that you won't tell anyone or laugh or anything like tha-"
"Neville" she cut me off. "i like you too."

A good one eh? EH?? Unfortunately i couldn't find the artist for the photo but i found it on instagram with the hashtag #nunafanart so if you want your fanart to feature, just post it with that hashtag. Hope you enjoyed!