14 The Day Off

Eula's POV

What just happened? Why is Luhan acting like that? I thought I was gonna die if not for Kyungsoo.

"How do I do this, Luhan?" I absentmindedly touched my lips.

I won't lie. I remember the kiss very well but as he said, I'm not his type so he's probably either too drunk to know it was me or he was dreaming of Luna.

Ring!

I fished out my phone from my pocket and I immediately hit "answer" without looking.

"Hello?" I said while looking at myself in the mirror.

Lay told me we'll be going to the amusement park in the afternoon so I wore my simple beige shirt with a print that says "irreplaceable" in front and my faded jeans and sneakers. Luhan will surely tell me off if it was only us but I'm with his brothers so I'll be fine. I hope.

"Hi Eula." Luna's voice on the other end made the hairs on my back stand up.

"Luna." I said, trying to fight off the rising anger in me.

"How are you, Eula?" Her tone is as sweet as before but there is a hint of sadness in it.

I clutched my heart as I tried my hardest not to burst into crying.

"I won't lie, Luna. I know what happened between you and Luhan," I paused to swallow, "And between you and Ms. Oh."

"Uh. Is that so?" She almost choked with the three words she said.

I can almost see her in front of me, biting her lip and suppressing her tears. My heart voluntarily went soft like it was being boiled over high fire.

"I'm leaving today." She said a few moments after.

"Did you tell Luhan?" There is some sort of pain building in my throat.

"Yes. But I don't think he cares." She chuckled bitterly.

"He's hurt."

"I know. And I hate myself for it."

"Why did you do that to him?" I clutched the phone I my hand painfully.

"My dreams are very important to me, Eula. They're all I had for a very long time." She paused, "Until I met Luhan."

I exhaled heavily. I didn't know I was holding my breath.

"Why did you agree with Ms. Oh?"

"The same reason you did, Eula."

I froze. How did she know my reason? Does she have a sick brother? Is she an orphan who doesn't have anything? Even I don't know why I'm staying only that I want...

"I want Luhan to be happy." I just heard the thing I wanted to say from Luna. "I really do, Eula. Don't even think that I never loved him because I did, and I do. It's just that..."

"You had an agreement with Ms. Oh?"

Silence.

"Yes. And... well, yeah." I waited for her to say something more but she didn't continue. "Eula, you remember your promise, right? Please keep it."

--

"Eula! Let's ride that one." Chanyeol pointed at the Viking ride and I became so excited even when I've never ridden in it before.

"Okay, Oppa." I happily said, letting Chanyeol pull my hand towards the ticket booth.

I looked around and saw the six boys behind us, unmoving. I let out a low giggle. They look like they're Kpop idols in the middle of a photo shoot. Suddenly, I felt aware of all the people looking at them and slightly embarrassed that I was the only girl in this bunch.