Chapter 3 [ New Days, New Chances ]

Jake came home after a long day. He lived alone since his parents went to visit some relatives from far away. He immediately went to his room and laid on his bed. He was tired, but he also felt weird inside.

"Crap, why did I say that to him? I don't know. I have this feeling to befriend him and make him smile, but I have no idea what to do now. I literally just met him!"

Jake sighed a bit and tried to think of a plan to befriend Sunghoon. He already committed it to say it infront of him.

"I'll just sleep, it has been an long day after all. *Yawn* I'll just think about it later...."

The next day,

Jake woke up and got ready for school. He finished breakfast after and got out of the door. He walked for a bit until he saw Sunghoon. If the time was to act, it should be now. Jake walked up to Sunghoon.

"Hey Sunghoon! How are you doing?"

"Fine."

"Great! Which classes do you have today?"

"Same as you."

"That's nice. Do you have plans after school?"

"Stop the act, your plan to befriend me will never work."

"I just want to be friends with you. Why don't you want somebody to talk with, to share things with?"

"Pfft, friends. Your the first person to ever talk to me about this topic. Friends are fake. Even if you make any, they just backstab you."

"You must've had pretty shit friends then."

"I had what?"

Sunghoon didn't expect anyone in his whole life to say that to him.

"You might have considered them as horrible friends, but you can always make better friends with better bonds. You don't want to try because your scared of losing more people dear to you, people you trusted."

Sunghoon said nothing, just kept walking beside Jake. They came to school and entered the school gates.

"Sunghoon, I wan't to talk to you about what we talked earlier after school on the rooftop. Don't think about not meeting me on the rooftop after school, I will bug you more if you do."

"Tch, fine."

"Great! Now that that is settled, let's go to class."

They attended their classes and finished a day's hard work for school. Sunghoon was going to go home, until he remembered he had to meet Jake on the rooftop. Sunghoon went to the rooftop, but didn't see Jake. He knew something was wrong. Jake wasn't the type of person to break his promises or miss a chance to talk to someone, especially someone like Sunghoon. He went to find Jake. He was about to give it up, when he heard someone in the bathroom crying. He saw Jake laying on the floor crying.

"Jake, what's wrong?"

"S-Sunghoon? Oh, it's n-nothing."

"Stop lying, come with me. This is no place to chat."

Sunghoon grabbed Jake's hand and dragged him to the rooftop.

"Tell me what happened. Be honest, don't cover up anyone or anything, And lastly, don't pretend to be fine when your not."

"J-just when I was going to the rooftop, I got dragged by some people to the back of the school, and they said I s-stole their c-chance to befriend you and started k-kicking me and c-calling me names."

"Come over here."

Jake was hesistant, but he walked over to Sunghoon. Jake suddenly felt like someone was hugging him. Sunghoon was pulling him in an tight embrace.

"Cry out all your sadness and pain. I'm here for you and I always will be."

Jake started sobbing. Sunghoon was patting his back and hair to comfort him.
They stayed there for a while until the shining sun started to go down.