Ch.3 Part 2

Child POV:

....

"What is that?" I ask perplexed.

Scaramouche looks at me in disgust, which I don't justify as I have never heard of anything like 'Hanahaki Disease'.

"Fine, I will explain." He gets up and grabs a book off a nearby shelf. The book itself was covered in what seemed like an inch of dust built up over years of no human contact or use. He opens the book and passes it to me.

"Read it"

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

Once upon a time, Liyue was in harmony. Then a great beast emerged, leaving devastating craters in areas where thousands of humans were home to. Before the adepti could even raise there weapons, a hero had slain the terrible beast. The hero was known as a saviour to all.

Many women wanted to wed the hero, but he already had his eyes on a startlingly pretty girl. She was the fairest among all but her personality was vile and cruel, the complete opposite of her beauty. She was never grateful for anything, and having the heroes love meant nothing to her either. The Hero's rejected love turned worse and worse, until he caught a deadly disease.

The Hanahaki Disease is the name given to this illness. Disease is the cause of unrequited love meaning to love someone who does not love you back.. Coughing up a lot of blood and rose petals are common symptoms for those who suffer from this. The only way to cure this illness is to discover a means for your loved one to return your feelings to you. If you fail to do of this only known method you, you will eventually die from the overflow of flowers growing in your lungs.

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

"See? Do you understand now. You love someone who wont love you back."

"Wait, how do you have this book Scaramouche, and why?"

"...."

"Oh, I'm sorry I asked something personal-"

"It's because I suffer from it too"

I look away from the book and into Scaramouche's face. That's why he knows and why he has this book.

"Who do you love Scaramouche? I might be able to help-"

"It's fine, I don't need help. If that's all you should get going now, I will be leaving as well so this is where we part."

"Scaramouche I might-"

"No...I'm fine. Besides, my time is nearly up." He turns and leaves the room. After a minute I hear the front door open and slam shut. I stare at the wall, digesting the information I just learnt until I realise what I was doing and start getting ready.