1

Finally, I had managed to escape to intense waves, and I made it to the sandy shore. Coughing up salty water, I barley managed to stand up. The weight of my leather loafers that were now filled with water made it feel nearly impossible to walk.

With shaky legs, I turned to see the dozens of boys that I was on the plane with, arriving to the shore. Looking at the sea of faces, I realized something; I was the only girl. When I was on the plane I hadn't seen any other girls, but I thought that there had least been a few others towards the front of the plane.

Walking up a few more steps, I collapsed into the soft sand. My legs felt like jelly from swimming against the strong current. I had always been a strong swimmer, but that tide really took a tole on me. I wasn't the only one tired out, the boys began to fall to the ground as soon as they reached the shore.

The boys varied in all ages, the youngest looking no older than 7, and the oldest looking barley older than me. I'm 16, and he looked just about my age. His dirty blonde hair was soaked, and he had piercing blue eyes. He was tall, and thin yet muscular. He wore some sort of uniform, that some of the other boys were also wearing. He locked eyes with me, and I nervously turned away. I didn't want to stand out, and the best way to do that was by avoiding eye contact with others.

Suddenly, a boy who looked like he was in middle school, rose to his feet, shell in hand. "Hey!", he shouted. "Are there any adults here?" Blondie stood up, and responded, "Does it look like there are any adults idiot?" A few boys began to chuckle as he sat back down. The boy with the shell's cheeks turned red, and he cleared his throat. "We need to make some rules. We need to figure out where we are, and we won't be able to do that if we can't learn to cooperate with each other."

Some of the boys nodded their heads as they listened along. Shell boy continued, "A couple of us should go explore the beach, to see wether or not we're on an island." A small boy with curly hair questioned, "Who's gonna go?"

Some of the boys began to shout, "Jack!" Blondie then stood back up and said, "Yeah I'll go." Jack. I studied him carefully, hoping he wouldn't notice. His drenched uniform clung to his chest, and water continued to drip from his hair. A plump boy with glasses rose, and he also offered to go. "Fuck no," Jack responded. Wow.

Shell boy said, "Yeah maybe you shouldn't come with us," to the plump boy. Now plump boy's cheeks were the ones to turn red, as the other boys began to laugh. "You can come," Jack said the curly haired boy. He rose and walked over to Jack. "Before we leave," started Shell Boy, "We should introduce ourselves. I'm Ralph." Jack responded, "Merrdiew." Huh? I thought is name was Jack, and what kind of name is, "Merridew?" Some of the uniform boys start giggling, and then he said, "Just call me Jack."
Curly haired boy softly replied, "Simon."

When it's the plump boy's turn to talk, he says, "I don't care what you guys call me, as long as you don't call me what they called me back home." Ralph responds, "Well what did they call you back home?" The boy looks around, and then scurries over to Ralph to whisper something in his ear. A grin spreads across Ralph's face, as he shouts, "Piggy?!" "Piggy's," face turns even brighter as laughter breaks out. I bite my tongue, because as funny as the nickname was, it would be rude to laugh.

The rest of the boys went around and said their names, until it was finally my turn. "Blake," I finally answered. A small smirk was plastered on Jack's face as I answered, making me self cautious for some reason. Why do I care so much what this stranger thinks of me? And how do I even know if I'm the cause of that stupid smirk? I brush off his comment, as I watch him, Ralph and Simon walk away.

The remaining boys start to talk to each other, and I look over to see Piggy by himself. I walk over to him and take a seat. "Hey," I say to him, and he appears to cheer up. "Hi Blake," he responds. "I'm sorry about how the boys were treating you, you don't deserve that," I say to try and make the poor kid feel better. "It's okay, I'm kinda used to it." I feel bad for him, he's so sweet. I proceeded to tell him how I was on the way to tour a boarding school when the plane crash, and he tells me all about his aunt back home.

Piggy and I chatted for a while more, until we saw Jack, Ralph and Simon approaching us. "We're on an island!," Ralph exclaimed. This caused an uproar, and some of the younger boys began to panic. "Quiet!," Jack shouted. This shut up some of the boys, but some continued talking.

Ralph held up the shell, and began taking. "If we want to survive, we need to come up with a plan. And I think that the best way to do that is by electing a leader." The boys with uniforms started whispering with one another, until one shouted, "Jack should be leader!" Jack smirked as the uniform boys cheered him on.

Piggy then adds, "Well I think Ralph should be the leader!" This causes lots of cheering and commotion. The boys decide to take a vote to determine the leader. Everyone raises their hand for either Ralph or Jack. That is, everyone except me. I keep my hands down and just watch the vote, which catches Jack's eye. He doesn't say anything, he just stares at me. I send him a smirk, which throws him off a bit.

When it's clear that Ralph won the vote, I let my smirk grow, seeing how pissed it's making Jack. Ralph finally speaks, "As leader, I'm making it a rule that for in order for you to speak to the group, you have to be holding this conch," as he lifts up the shell from earlier. "We need to settle in for the night, so let's find a spot." Piggy retorted, "We should probably built a shelt-," "Shut up!," Jack shouted.

We all started towards the forest, in hopes of finding somewhere suitable to sleep. I was so exhausted, that I would sleep anywhere at this point. We found a spot where the sand met the forest that was covered by some trees. We settled there, and everyone started to get ready to go to sleep.

I unbuckled my loafers, and pulled down my tattered stockings. I shrugged my blazer off my shoulders, and wrapped it in a ball to use as a pillow. I rested my head, and stared at the stars through the branches. What the hell is gonna happen? Are we gonna get rescued? Will I ever get home? Will I survive for long? How will I hold up being the only girl here? So many thoughts filled by head, that it took what seemed like forever for me to doze off.