5. Write Your Story

Now that you have a prologue or story trailer out, you can start on your final story.

This shouldn't take only a couple hours to do. If it does, honestly, you're probably doing it wrong, unless your idea is so imaginative, that you can type up the entire thing in one go.

I'm only on the third book of Quantum, and before I started working on other projects, I had been working on the three books for a year. A YEAR!!

Things take time. Can you?

Build you story up. Make it creative. Apply dramatic plot twists, and most importantly, stick to the genre. Action, mystery, romance, hybrid, it all is the same when it comes to writing, it's just worded differently each time.

Make sure to use a creative vocabulary to make your readers think, and use VIVID detail.

That one can be hard because your imagination pictures it one way, but someone else's imagination may picture it a completely different way.

To fix that, use vivid detail in scenery, along it so as if your reader was actually standing there with the character. What does the background look like? What does the character look like? Are they happy? Upset? Distressed? In pain?

USE EMOTION!

Characters should act like us humans do. They should have their own lives and be able to make decisions like we do. So make it that way.

Nothing kills off a reader more than when the main character can't express any emotion or reactions to something big happening to them.

For example:

Non-Emotional:

Meggy sat in her chair, staring at the wall. Nothing was in her mind. She just stared...trying to understand what she did wrong to make her day so horrible. She just tried to get over it and move on. For her friend.

Emotional:

Meggy sat in her chair, defeated, staring blankly at the wall. She had failed. Failed her friends. Her family. Her life. Nothing could be on her mind other than that. A single tear fell from her eye as she attempted to register the day's events that had made it so horrific, her eyes welled and puffed from wanting to cry, but forced herself not to. She had to stay strong. She just had to. For her friend.

Notice the difference?

Make sure your story looks like this, (doesn't have to be all the time) and keep your characters on a realistic scale...yes, even the enemies. They have emotion too.