Chapter 1: Marriage

Lillian awoke to the sound of the television from the living room. She sat up on the bed and looked around the room. She sighed and smiled as she looked at the dirty laundry and garbage strewn all over the room. This is the doing of her husband, Lee.

Unbothered by the mess, Lillian stood up and left the room. There, a man with a beer belly, hairy legs, and messy hair sat on the couch. He glanced at Lillian when she entered but quickly returned to the tv. The whole living room was a mess, just like the bedroom.
The whole apartment itself is a mess.

The only picture in the living room was a large wedding picture of Lee and Lillian. They smiled happily and held each other in their arms.

"When's breakfast ready?" Lee called. Lillian smiled to herself and called back, "Nearly done!" So she changed direction and went to the kitchen instead of the bathroom. As Lillian started cooking, she reminded herself that today was one of the days when she had to leave town. She sighed as she had hoped to spend time with her husband.

As the smell of food stirred Lee's appetite even more, he started to drool unconsciously. When Lillian came out from the kitchen with the food, he bathed in the scent of food. Lillian placed the food on the coffee table where Lee's "materials" were. Without a word of thanks, Lee began shoving the food into his face while gulping beer and staring intently at the tv.

"I'm leaving today.", Lillian said as she watched her husband eat. Lee grunted as he filled his mouth with food. "I'll be back in 4 days.", she continued.

As Lillian put on her jacket and grabbed her usual bag, she called, "Love you!" And left.

Lee smirked as now, with his wife gone, he had eyes for other women.