Chapter 6: Aftermath

As Lillian sat in her cell with dull eyes staring at the ground, the officers walking by jeered at her.

A few days passed, and as Lillian was immediately declared guilty by all the evidence, she had no right to a trial and was imprisoned. The first few days for Lillian at the prison were quiet. She ignored her inmates and minded her business. Her dull eyes never seem to change...

Nearly a month has passed, and during these days and nights, Lillian can be heard sobbing in her cell. The sobbing soon turned into cries for mercy and help. Her inmates and the officers couldn't take the wailing and got permission to place her in an insane asylum.

As Lillian peeked through her window, she started shrieking again, in pain and full of regret. It was also louder and longer than usual. The guards also noticed that Lillian was sometimes transforming in her cell. One day, when checking on her, the inspectors saw that Lillian had a crazy look in her eyes. Her once unearthly beautiful face was shallow and rigid, glowing an unhealthy yellow. The inspectors were also shocked to see multiple faces trying to jump out from her back. The faces strangely seem to take the shape of her victims.

An ear-piercing scream erupted from Lillian as another face bubbled from her skin and took her husband's face, Lee. Lillian glanced fearfully at the spot where the face had sprouted from, which was her heart. The place where she dealt the final blow.

"No..." Lillian gasped, and her bloodshot eyes widened in horror at seeing her husband's face on her chest. Tears streamed down her face, and her wild hair flew around.

"You killed me, Lillian. You'll pay for that." Lee said as his face glowered at Lillian." Lillian stared wildly at his face as all the other faces began murmuring the same thing. As more and more faces sprouted from her body, the inspectors quickly went out and locked the door. They peeked through the windows, and one of the inspectors noticed something.

A tiny orange spider crawled out from her ear. The inspector's eyes widen since that was the same spider from the camping picture of Lillian and Lee.

Lillian screamed in pain, and the faces covered her body until her own body was no longer visible. The faces then contorted, and the whole blob of flesh and faces burst, painting the whole cell crimson with blood. The inspectors flinched as the blood landed on the window.

A second later, the blood dripped off enough to make the window seeable again. Stunned, the inspectors quickly looked through the window again.

A tiny orange spider descended from the ceiling on a thin strand of silk without a trace of blood on it. Its red eyes gleamed in the light as the inspectors stared at it.
It sent chills down their backs.