Chapter 2: Departure and Warning

As Lillian headed towards the elevator, her neighbor, Ms.Chen, exited her apartment. Surprised, Lillian and Ms.Chen both called out to each other.

"Lillian! How are you?" Ms.Chen said. "Haha, nice to see you, Ms.Chen." Lillian smiled. Ms.Chen was a small Asian woman who lived with her husband, Jim. Jim works hard for Ms.Chen since Ms.Chen has hurt herself and walks with a limp.

As both women enter the elevator, the small tv screen above the buttons plays the morning newscast.

"A mysterious force is killing middle-aged men; they are often found nearly naked and wrapped with webs. The rooms they were found in were also covered with webs. It seems like some spider creature has been attacking and killing these men. Their wives often reported them to be cheaters when they were alive. Be careful and stay safe."

As the reporter headed on to talk about the weather, Ms.Chen looked at Lillian and said, "Those men sound a lot like Lee, don't they?" Lillian frowned and replied, "My husband would never cheat on me."

Lillian had devised an idea to give her husband money to ensure he would not leave her. This idea came up months ago.

Ms.Chen smiled sadly, realizing Lillian had never seen how Lee looked at other women. "Well, you should still tell him to be careful." Lillian smiled and said, "Thanks for the concern, Ms.Chen."

Both women exited the elevator and walked outside. They said their goodbyes and headed out. As Lillian walked out of town, Lee stretched his limbs and yawned. Now that his wife is gone, he can chase after other women. Lee smirked and shut off the tv, and put on a jacket. He then headed out for a drink.