Modern AU || Ningguang X Beidou

Beidou POV

It's currently 4 something AM, I have to get up early. I like to go on runs or go to the gym in the morning but I have to take a shower and be back in time for work. I've gotten pretty used to the schedule by now, I've been working for lady Ningguang for 3 years now. I roll myself out of bed and get dressed, for running I decide to wear a tank top with some gym shorts and tie my hair up in a high ponytail. I've never been the greatest at styling my hair so the ponytail is quite messy, not to mention how MUCH hair I have, maybe I should cut it. I make my way out the door leaving a bye note to my roommate (insert name) and his little brother (insert na e). I start jogging down the road, I stop or start sprinting at different points and areas before making it to the market area. It was around 5 AM so everyone was just starting to set up shop. I start helping everyone I can and before I know it it's 6 AM and I start fast jogging my way home. (Insert name) is waiting for me with a breakfast made "you need to hurry up, you'll be late otherwise" I retorted with a swift "I know, I know" before grabbing my towel and taking a quick shower. I hop out of the shower getting ready in my work clothes, grab the breakfast (insert name) made for me and rush to my motorcycle, going to work.

Ningguang POV

Beidou rushes in the door, apologizing profusely. "Beidou, calm down. You are still 20 minutes early." She lets out a sigh of relief at that "thank God, I was worried I'd be late, thank you lady Ningguang." I walk my way to my office, thinking to myself. I really like that about Beidou, she may be loud and a bit obnoxious but she tries her best, she's charismatic, kind-hearted, hard-working "and she is not awful looking either." At this Chongyun was walking in "who's not awful looking miss?" He had a look of puzzlement and innocence on his face but I knew this was a facade. Xingqiu walked in as well "Oooh? What is this I hear, boss has an eye for someone?" This is what they always did, they are a tag team couple, two high school lovers who were here for their work studies program. The deal made with them is either both or neither, Xingqiu has the main skill sets I needed but it was nice to have Chongyun around too. They liked to back people into corners with Chongyun listening and finding information and Xingqiu using it to dig deeper. "I do not have the hots for anyone, especially workers, sorry to disappoint boys" "Aww, come now miss Ningguang, you always compliment someone genuinely!" Xingqiu kept insisting. "Xingqiu. Please bring your papers in and go back to Chongyun and your office." I know I sounded cold but I knew that would make it worse, they both knew something was up. Xingqiu have me a sly smile, grabbed Chongyuns hand and guided them both away to their office.

Xingqiu POV

I sigh when we make it back to our office sitting down on the desk and looking down at the rest of the floor. "Yun-Yun, did you see who lady Ningguang was looking at?" Chongyun was routing through our mini-freezer looking for his snacks, he forgot to eat breakfast again "Uhhh, well it had to be an early riser, so must be Ganyu, Keqing, Morax or Beidou." He started rambling about the paperwork we had to do today, I knew I'd be doing the main writing whereas he would do the sorting, it just worked better that way. I couldn't help but keep thinking about Miss Ningguang, I've heard rumours that she has never had a partner, she was apparently always too busy for one. Morax had always been the old-timer at the office, the old man is always talking about his past and memories. He has always seemed to be more of a dad to lady Ningguang than a friend. I think Ganyu and Keqing actually have their own office romance going on at that moment, so that leaves Beidou. "Yun-Yun, how in the nine circles of hell are we going to set up someone who has the same density as osmium with a high-class, workaholic, sophisticated lady!" I sighed sitting back in my chair. "mmmmh, dunno" he had a popsicle in his mouth so his response was quite lacklustre. I decided it was best to go back to writing for the time being so we could finish before our break time. Before I knew it we were done writing and it was almost break time. "Now that I think about it, doesn't Beidou have a husband and a kid? Otherwise, who is in the photos on her desk?" I stared at him not knowing what he was talking about, pictures? what pictures? "Well, we could go ask her, couldn't we?"

Beidou POV

I was just finishing up some of the paperwork. I was about to go to the break room when Xingqiu and Chongyun walked over, holding hands. it was obvious that Xingqiu had something to ask, he was whispering to Chongyun. Chongyun approached me first "Hello miss Beidou, may I ask you a question?" "Quit it with the miss, I told you it's just Beidou, feel free to ask away!" Mulling over his phrasing for a second he responded. "We noticed you have a picture of a man and a little kid on your desk. Is that your husband and son?" I laughed, maybe too loud and too hard. "God no, that's my high school best friend. he's my roommate at the moment along with little brother, that's the little boy in the photo." I wonder where this came from. Since when have people been interested in my love life? "Oh, so you're not taken?" Xingqiu asked, I knew this was his doing Chongyun was just trying to help. "Single and ready to mingle I guess! I haven't really thought about having a girlfriend." Chongyun looked at his phone as I and Xingqiu babbled at each other about the concept. "Xingqiu our break time is almost over, we should get back. Thank you for everything Beidou!" The two of them then walked away, just how they arrived. I chuckled before laughing, those two are some odd people.

Ningguag POV

"Lady Ningguag!" Oh dear, why are they in my office? I hope Ei didn't make the toaster spontaneously combust again. "Hello Xingqiu, hello Chongyun, did anything happen that needs my attention?" Before Xingqiu even gets a chance Chongyun answers my question excitedly "Beidou is interested in women! That man is her best friend, not her husband!" I feel my cheeks get a twinge of pink, this is embarrassing beyond belief. "Chongyun, why is this of importance to me?" Xingqiu butts in at this "You now know you have a chance!" I shuffle my papers putting things back in place. "I don't know what you two are referring to." Xingqiu honestly looks like he is about to throw a tantrum. "Lady Ningguag we know you are head over heels for miss Beidou! Please! you need to shoot your shot!"