Part 3: Infectious

A purple, mystic forest was before her eyes. She must have became a wolf. Esmé's paws started running without her permission. She kept running, taking complex and perplexing twists and turns. Where was she? She didn't know, or seem to care. Her head was spinning. She had the illusion of thinking for herself, but she was not. She was hungry, her mind demanding blood and flesh. She kept up the twist and turns, until she saw a deer ahead of her. Her insides screaming with delight. She leapt atop the deer and it screeched slightly. She silenced it with a gut wrenchingly powerful bite. Blood splattered her muzzle. She looked at the prey with pride. Esmé opened her eyes. She had blood splattered on her alright. But it was Cora's.

...

Esmé was shocked! What happened! Ok... She was in Cora's house... Cora was infront of her... Bleeding... What!? It was her fault. Was it?! It was so confusing. But... Wait. There were people watching Esmé with bated breath. "STAY BACK!" One of them yelled. They were tall and had red hair. "WE'RE CALLING 911! YOU'RE A PSYCHOPATH!" Another screeched. Something strange was happening to Cora though, she was growing white fur and was growing larger. The people backed up fearfully. Cora grew ears like a wolf's and she stood, Fiery red eyes gleaming. She looked completely like a wolf now. Esmé felt something shift in her to, drawing her back to the mystic forest. Her Brain went numb as she ran through the forest again. Finding many small mammals along the twists. This time was different, though. She constantly traveled with a white wolf near by. She felt warm and happy with this wolf.  Maybe it was all linked.

...

She woke up next to Cora in a bed at Esmé's house. Cora woke up shortly after. She just stared at Esmé, as though in a trance. Esmé shook Cora and she snapped out of it. Cora's eyes widened, "What- what happened!?" She asked.
"I think we're...
Werewolves."

..... 

Esme dizzily got in her car, Cora in her passenger seat. They had fallen silent after discovering they were werewolves. To break the silence Esme turned on the radio. Cora smiled weakly, before turning back to the window. After a long drive (and a lot of alt rock music) they pulled into school, still early. Blair was waiting outside of the school, but she looked like she was scared. Cora and Esme got out of the car and made their way towards Blair. But, when Blair noticed them she backed away. In her haste to escape them, she backed into a trashcan and stumbled away awkwardly. "What?" Esme managed to mumble under her breath in her confusion. She looked to her side to see Cora, who was looking pale and afraid. "I think I know why Blair ran away... I hope she didn't tell anyone..." She pointed to a poster. Esme's jaw dropped, there was a poster that read; "WARNING! RABID WOLVES ARE RAVAGING TOWN! STAY IN YOUR HOUSES AFTER DARK! PICTURES OF THE WOLVES ATTACHED!" At the bottom, two ferocious looking wolves were entwined together, blood dripping from their mouths. "I-it's okay! Blair is my friend! She'd never betray me totally!" Esme said. She noticed Cora's blank stare. "I mean she's got a right to be afraid of us!?" Cora was still gazing on. "Hello? Cora?" Esme said, trying to ground Cora. "I'm fine, let's go in."
...