2nd Marriage~Last Part

9 MONTHS LATER

After the emotional roller coast that happened that day, me and Taehyung went off to Tsunako.
These few months were amazing.
He had bought a small cottage for us in a village between the mountains.
We would go out sometimes, sometimes read books with a cup of tea, but all the time, we were just with each other.
It felt like we were living our honeymoon phase again.
The same attention from him, the same care, the same joy.
All of it was pure magical...and I was afraid that the magic will shatter soon and we'd be suck back into the reality.
The cruel reality.
It had been months and I still wasn't bearing a heir.
As much as I was distressed about it, Taehyung was just too relaxed. Like he didn't care at all. Like he had totally forgotten that we had to move out of our little paradise soon and go back.
Everytime I would bring the topic up. He would shush me up with a kiss and a whisper, "Trust me."

Thats what I did my whole life and will continue to do so, trust my love.

____

One fine afternoon, in the Mid of July, while we were both cuddling on the sofa and reading a book as it poured outside, a knock was heard on our door.

Tae got up to open the door.

"It's time." That's all the strange in the white coat said before Tae ran off with him.

Anxiety.

Anxiety was killing me the whole night.

Was it a messenger from our land? Had there been a war? Why did he take off without informing me?
There were so many questions roaming inside my head and the only person who could answer them, was missing.

I spent the whole night, pacing around our little room upstairs and peeking through the small window on the back wall.

It was almost dawn, when I heard the front door opening.

'Is it him?'

I marched my way downstairs, it was indeed him, standing in the doorway and carrying something very carefully.
I took suspicious steps towards him, and that's when I saw a little angel in his hold.
The little one opened her eyes, she had the same brown eyes as mine. She stared at me through her long lashes for some time, maybe she was analyzing me, wondering if I could be trusted.
And then she smiled, the same boxy smile as Tae
It felt as if she was our own baby.
My eyes welled up with tears.
The arms that were aching to hold a little baby for ages, held out for her.
He handed her to me.
"She's our daughter.", He told me.
I kissed her temple as she giggled, making me giggle too.

----

Swaying her in my arms n humming some rhymes, I looked down to see the sleepy baby holding my pinky finger with her small hand, it was as if she was holding everything she had.
"What do you want to name her?" The man who was examining the whole sceneein frontt of him, with a soft smile, asked.
"Where did you find her? Who is she?"
He sighed before explaining how he asked his friend to look through every orphanage to find a baby that had the same features as us.
And finally after months, he found a month old baby whose mother died giving birth to her and her father was a drunk man who left her in an orphanage.
She needed parents and we needed a daughter.
And fate brought us three together so we could complete each other.
"I will name her Yeon...Kim Yeon"
"What does it mean?"
"It means 'little queen'. She'll always be our little queen."

-----

The next day, our journey back to home started.
Arriving there, Taehyung told everyone that I gave birth to Yeon after his friend cured my infertility.
The whole kingdom was overjoyed on seeing their future Queen.
Me and Taehyung promised to keep the secret between us both, forever.
-----

*18 years later*

Standing on the balcony that held millions of memories, I gazed down at the ground to admire my daughter riding a horse and practicing sword.
Two arms slid onto my waist, securing me in their embrace.
"She's a true warrior."
"Indeed she is, after all she's our little queen!"

It's not the blood that makes a true ruler. But it's the way one is brought up.
And our daughter was brought up learning how to be kind, brave and fair.

She gazed up at her parents, her whole world and waved her hands with a bright, boxy smile.

"And after all the bumps n quakes, I realized, happily ever after actually did exist.