Prologue

When the secure portals or Unan, as they were called on Tnari, opened, the universe became achingly aware of the planet. Countless thousands of years have passed peacefully since the last portal closed. Many civilized planets deconstructed, intentionally destroyed, or forgotten about them. When things began to buzz back online, that was when Arlan decided to start eagerly with Earth. The planet Jennie came from.

The first few years were naturally the roughest. Earthlings found out they were no longer alone and after a lot of squabbling, various Naval Space Unions were erected. These unique groups of people would typically act as official liaisons and police all alien contact.

It inevitably took the prominent Earth leaders about 10 years to willingly accept the unknown aliens and their sophisticated technologies. Which opened up all sorts of increased possibilities for humans. Flying vehicles, talking across space and traveling with the use of portals.

With all this new contact, even more, aliens began appearing. Some friendly and some not so much. However, Tnari made it blatantly obvious Earth was their exclusive domain and under their necessary protection. Arlan employed similar technology to ward off potential invaders on Earth as they typically did on Tnari. A specific type of "force field" that instantly surrounded the planet and an offensive system that could clearly detect and methodically destroy enemy ships before getting close to the planet and its' moon.

Despite all that was granted Earth, many were greedy and tried too many failed attempts to steal other technologies. War was not imminent but diplomatic tensions did undoubtedly exist between the King and prominent leaders of Earth.