Chapter 4

Jaemin had woken up in a empty bed.

He sat up and looked around the room, checking the time on his alarm clock.

He had to start getting ready for school, but he couldn't help but notice the aroma of food coming from outside of his room.

He stood up, slipping on his slippers and robe and headed to the kitchen.

In there he found the older making breakfast, just some simple eggs and toast.

"I'm starving," Jaemin uttered and Jeno turned around to give him a smile.

"I'm sure you are. Come here," Jeno stated as he went back to scrambling the eggs in the pan.

Jaemin complied and stood next to the older as Jeno put down the spatula for a few seconds and moved Jaemin behind his back by his arm, wrapping the younger's arms around his own waist.

Jaemin smiled against Jeno's back, nuzzling his face in his shoulder.

The older finished making the eggs and pushed them into to separate plates.

He laid the toast beside the eggs and Jaemin, still clutched to the older, waddled with Jeno to the dinning table.

He finally let go and they sat down to begin eating their breakfast.

His parents were in their room asleep and Jaemin enjoyed the peace and quiet for once, without having to listen to them bitch about getting a job.

He'll get a job after the first semester ends.

He's still figuring out how to manage his time before working.

Besides, it's still the Halloween season and he hates it.

He doesn't want to get jump scared or doesn't want to witness people stealing candy from others.

Or even worse...

He doesn't want to witness a murder.

Jaemin's mind constantly overthink throughout the day and that's why Jeno believes what he says most of the time.

After breakfast that had gotten ready for school.

Jaemin was confounded on why he didn't see anything last night.

Now Jeno might think he was lying to him.

He hasn't spoken a word about it since they had been up and now they were on the way to school in Jeno's car.

"So, aren't you going to yell at me for lying?" Jaemin questioned, his head down and facing the dashboard in the car.

"Why should I be mad? You said you saw it, I believe you," Jeno answered, pulling into the school parking lot.

Jaemin raised his head and look at the older, nonplused.

"But it didn't show up last night," Jaemin tilted his head and Jeno have a small shrug.

"Maybe it was tired of coming to see you," Jeno stated flatly and Jaemin shook his head.

"I don't know. Thanks anyway for staying with me. Now you probably think I'm a weirdo," Jaemin sighed as Jeno parked the car and placed a hand on the younger's chin.

The touch of the older's sent electricity throughout Jaemin's body as his face flushed red.

"Hush already," Jeno whispered, bringing Jaemin's face closer to his, their lips barely touching.

Subconsciously, Jaemin nodded his head as his lips were parted and Jeno caressed the younger's lip with his thumb.

Jaemin whimpered under his touch, Jeno forming a small smirk in satisfaction.

"A-are you going to kiss me or what?" Jaemin forced out of his mouth, trying to sound as confident as he could without his voice cracking.

"I thought you'd never ask," Jeno said before cupping the younger's cheeks and bringing his lips to his, closing the gap between their heads.

Finally, both Jaemin and Jeno go with they longed for and they were going to be happy together.

Or so they thought.

-tbc-