"I love you so," "Please never let me go."

"I will love you as misfortune loves orphans, as fire loves innocence and as justice likes to sit and watch everything go wrong

"I will love you as misfortune loves orphans, as fire loves innocence and as justice likes to sit and watch everything go wrong."
~Lemony Snicket
----------
They had just entered the mountain when Kaldur pulled Marinette to the side as the rest of the team headed towards the kitchen. Kaldur was still gripping onto her forearms when he spoke. "You shouldn't have done that, he mightn't have let you go." He stared at her, his eyes holding obvious concern. "I had to Kal, Klarion was taking us down like we were nothing and it was only as a last resort. I knew what I was doing, but I couldn't lose the team to that Witch boy, I couldn't lose you." Her voice was calm and collected but held a softness that made his heart melt. She carefully brought her hand up to his face, cupping his cheek while doing so. "Just once, please be selfish and think about yourself before everyone else. I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." He leaned forward pressing his forehead against hers as he held the hand that was pressed against his own skin. Her breath hit his skin, he felt a burning sensation like no other. He had read many atlantean stories in his lifetime, most containing some form of magic, but he felt no magic when he was around her. Love, only love, that was the only thing he felt when around her, when he touched her, when he held her.

Their lips seemed to gravitate towards each other, their faces mere centimetres apart from where they stood. It was like that scene in a movie where everything happens in slow motion and the audience is sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for something to happen, but the audience was left no room to gasp as the pair crashed their lips together. At first it was a moment of passion but then it became a slow kiss, saying small promises when their lips parted for a second. Maybe to everyone else it would seem like a cheesy cliche, boy meets girl, girl and boy fall in love, and while that was true it was the small moments that mattered the most. The screaming nights full of horror, the lingering hand, the traumatic choices, the silent 'I love you's.'

"You don't want me, I'm broken..." Her voice was quiet and her breathing was heavy from the previous event. Kaldur stood there contemplating for only a second, but in that second he really took in all her features. Her cute button nose, her sharp jawline that could cut glass, the light freckles that splattered across her face, the pink tinge on her cheeks, her midnight hair that shone blue in the sun's light, her soft pink lips that tastes like strawberries, and finally her eyes, the same eyes that he has gotten lost in countless times before. In that second, in that one second that time stopped around them he knew the answer. "I'm going to spend the rest of my life putting you back together."
—————
"One of the remarkable things about love is that, despite very irritating people writing poems and songs about how pleasant it is, it really is quite pleasant."
~Lemony Snicket