~ Chapter 15 ~

~Chapter 15~

I stood there not knowing what to do or say. The last person that I would ever expect to be standing in front of me was, well, standing in front of me! I didn't know how to react. Should I say 'Welcome back'. Or ask him how he's doing? I guess I should start by saying something.

My brother, my own flesh and blood, was standing right there with the biggest grin I have ever seen sitting on his face.

"Ca-Carson? Is that really you? Or is it like a card board cut-out and I'm just making myself look like an idiot, talking to myself? Please don't let this be a trick because I will personally kick the ass of whoever's behind this. I'm serious! I got a pretty mean left-hook! I mean it's not as good as like, John Cena, but it's pretty dang good! Really! Like, you do not want to be on the receiving end of-"

"Annabelle! Would you just shut up and give your big bro a hug!" He said, right before I tackled him in the most bone crushing hug I could muster up from my tiny self.

"Oh my God, Carson, it's really you! I don't know what to say or ask first! How? Why? When?" I said, stumbling over my words.

He leaned over and wiped the tears I didn't notice were falling, chuckling lightly.

"Well, they said it was up to me and when I felt ready to face the real world, I could leave. So, here I am, armed and ready to go!" He said, happily.

I tackled him into another bear hug, overjoyed with the fact that he's here.

I asked my next question catiously," So, uh, how long?"

"How long what?" He asked with a confused look on his face.

"How long have you been... clean?"

He looked at me with a grin on his face and said," 8 months and 12 days."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes and said," I'm so proud of you."

He smiled at me gently. "Thanks Annabelle. I know, I mean, I know that I haven't been there for you since I had to, you know, leave for a while, but I'll always be there for you. I'm not leaving now. I promise."

Tears sprung at the back of my eyes. My big brother was back. He was really back this time.

"Carson, I missed you. I-I missed you so much," I said, crying. I wasn't always an emotional person, but I cant' t help it.

"You're such a sap Annabelle," Carson said, chuckling. I hit his shoulder playfully. I missed times like this. It's been almost a year since I've seen my brother. He was one of the most important people in my life.

"Honey, you here?" My mom said, calling from the door. She walked in and right when she saw Carson she froze. Her face turned really pale. I had no idea how my mom was going to react to Carson being here early. Was she upset?

"Um, hey," Carson said, awkwardly.

My mom nodded her head in some sort of trance. When my brother went to rehab, my mom wasn't all that happy. She was disappointed in him, and she did want him to get better, but never the less, she was upset that he had chosen to make all of those mistakes in the past. I just hope she accepts him now. He's better, I can tell.

"Mom," I said, silently urging her to say something. And that's when my mom lunged at Carson and hugged him like he was going to run away again or something. She was crying, her makeup running down her face. I could see Carson's eyes brim with tears, and I could tell he was happy that our mom wasn't upset with him.

"My son's here, my baby," my mom said. "I've misssed you, sweety," she said crying more.

And we all just stood there crying like a bunch of grown babies.