~ Chapter 8 ~

~ Chapter 8 ~

The day went by fast on Tuesday, and Wednsday finally rolled around. Sadly. I HATED Wednesdays! You know why? Dodge ball. Dodge-freaking-ball. Ashton and Drake were in my gym class thank god. I don't think I could live with out them if they weren't with me.

"Come on Heart! Catch a ball already!" The coach yelled. I was on a team with Ash, Drake, and some other people. None of the balls hit me, but coach wanted me to catch a ball and throw it. No way that was happening!

"Ya, come on Heart," Drake said to me. I glared at him, but he just smiled.

"Aw, shit!" Ashton yelled when he got hit. He went to go sit down so it was now me, Drake, and four other guys.

"I have no clue how you still managed to stay in, Annabelle," Drake told me, while chucking a ball to the other side.

"I'm just cool like that. With my ninja skills, and all," I said while kicking my foot in the air. This made Drake laugh for a while. His laugh was so nice. . . I mean his whole face really lit up like a light bulb when he laughed. And he showed his pearly white teeth too. Oh.. he really is hot.

"You should show me your ninja skills some time," he said while winking at me. This made me blush a little.

"They are really hard to learn. I don't know if you could EVER master them like I did," I said while smirking.

"Were gunna have to find out then, won't we," This made me laugh, and he joined in. I looked back at the other team and saw a ball hurdling over in my direction. Oh my god this is it, I'm gunna die. What am I supposed to do?!? I put my hands in front of my face, and the ball hit my hands. I scrambled to get it, and I did. I, Annabelle Heart caught a freaking dodge ball! I looked up at Drake and shock was written all over his face.

"Ugh!" the guy on the other team yelled as he had to take his seat on the bench.

"OH YA BUDDY! SIT YO ASS DOWN!" I yelled. "This is so awesome!" I screamed. I started dancing all around and the guys on my team started laughing.

"This chick is funny," I heard one of the guys whisper.

"I'm fucking hilarious!" I said while skipping around him. This just made him laugh more. Drake looked at me, amusement written all over his face.

"Your crazy," he said while shaking his head.

"So, crazy is good," I said while giving him a goofy grin.

"Crazy is amazing," he said while giving me a goofy grin and crossing his eyes. I burst out laughing and he just smiled at me.

"Ah, crap!" Two of the guys on our team got out. Now there were only four people on our team.

The two guys in front of me and Drake, soon got out and it was just me and Drake left. I'm gunna probably get out anyways. I mean there is no way I would win against that big bulky football player in front of us. He threw the ball and I ducked. But Drake didn't.

"Sorry, Annabelle, your on your own," WHAT?!? No, no, no.

"NO! YOU CANT LEAVE ME!" I yelled.

"Annabelle, I got out, I don't have a choice," He chuckled at my expression. That was when I latched onto his leg.

"No, please!" This just made Drake laugh more.

"Annabelle let go," He said trying to shake me off his leg. He ripped my arms off of his leg and ran away from me to go sit next to Ashton and the others who got out.

"Ughh, Drake, you so owe me!" He just shrugged. I glared at him, and in return he put his head up high and gave me a cheeky grin, showing all of his perfectly straight, white teeth. I went back to my spot and looked at the guy some feet in front of me. He looked bored and he held the ball.