Chapter 12

I dedicated this chapter to TurtlesEverywhere because she voted for all or almost all my chapters and i think it's so nice :') lol! 

-------------------------------------------------

She took a deep breath and answered the call, "Hello?"

"Hey.." A few seconds of awkward silence passed, then he said, "So, how've you been?"

"I've been fine. You?"

"Yeah, me too."

There was silence on both ends of the call. They haven't talked or communicated in any way for over a week. Tay was happily surprised that he called, but at this moment she had no idea what to talk about.

Alex's raspy voice came through, "So anyway, I called 'cause I wanted to know if you'd wanna go to a party with me? They're letting me bring a guest so I thought it'd be cool if you and I went together. Unless you don't want to, which I completely understand."

A big, childish grin broke out on Tay's face, "Yeah sure, that'd be cool!"

"Awesome!" She could hear the happiness in his voice, "So, pick you up at six?"

"Yeah, that's fine!"

"Cool, I'll tell 'em to put you on the guest list then. See you soon!"

She ended the call and stuffed her phone back in her pocket, then continued the walk back to her apartment with butterflies in her stomach.

---------------------------------------

After resting for a few hours, Tay began to rifle through her closet, pulling every article of clothing off her hanger and examining it one by one. She usually didn't take this long to pick out her clothes, but this time was different. She felt the need to look absolutely perfect tonight.

"Even though we broke up, that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to still have feelings for him..right?" She tried to reassure herself. "It's not like we broke up over a fight or anything, we're just waiting for the right time."

After a good forty-five minutes of looking through everything and trying on a few outfits, she decided on a mid-length black dress with pink flowers, and black strappy heels.

She was fixing her hair and make-up when she heard a knock on the door. "What time is it?" She thought. Tay looked at the time on her phone, it was only 5:02. "He's not supposed to be here for an hour!" Tay said to herself as she began to frantically put on her lip gloss.

She quickly fixed her dress and answered the door. To her surprise, it was Jordan.

"Hey Tay." He said nervously. The little smile on his face began to fade as he looked down at her nice dress. "Were you about to head out?"

Tay opened the door a little wider and gestured for him to come inside. "Not yet, I have almost an hour till I have to leave, so you're good." She closed the door and walked with him to the living room. "So what's up?"

They both took a seat on the black couch and Jordan stretched his long legs onto the glass coffee table. "Nothing really. I was here to talk to the guy about that apartment I was telling you about and decided to drop by. So hi!"

She laughed softly, "Hi!" she replied.

"So, where you going?" He asked as he scooped up Spanky and set him on his lap.

"I got invited to some party. Apparently you need to be on the guest list to get in, so I'm basically VIP." Tay said sarcastically. They talked for a good amount of time, then she began to absentmindedly play with her phone, when there was yet another knock on the door. She looked at the time on her phone and saw that it was 5:56.