chapter 4

the customer, lee minho, woke up the next day from his cat walking on him and meowing in his face. they always made sure he woke up every morning as they were eager to get their breakfast.

"soonie, get off." he pushed the orange cat away to try to go back to sleep, only for him to walk right back on top of him again. "fine, i'll get up now."

he groaned and sat up, rubbing his eyes for a second before he got up and sluggishly walked to the kitchen. shivering a bit on the way there, he turned back around to put on a hoodie. it had gotten a lot colder recently but he wasn't complaining, he hated the hot weather.

the boy had started living by himself in an apartment at the beginning of the school year. he was still close with his parents, but he just felt like it was time for him to be more independent, even if they still did pay for it.

of course, he also lived with his 3 cats, soonie, doongie, and dori. he did feel lonely sometimes though, it got boring with no one there.

he went back and filled up their food bowl before getting ready for school. he was also in his last year before graduating and couldn't be happier about it.

as he drove to school, there was nothing good on the radio. he hated driving in silence but he didn't live too far from the school so it was ok.

☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎

when he was finished with his 3rd class, he headed to the cafeteria where he immediately saw his friends sitting in their usual spot. "hey guys!"

"hey minho! i was just teasing hyunjin about his little crush." his best friend, changbin, said while pointing to a very red hyunjin next to him.

"it's not funny! i shouldn't have told you guys that i like seungmin, now you won't stop bringing it up."

minho sat down on the other side of changbin. "it's ok, we're just kidding. i think it's cute you like your childhood friend. i mean you've hidden it for sooooooo long-"

"ok! i get it, can we please stop talking about this now?" hyunjin let his head fall into his hands, embarrassed by his friends.

"nope. never." minho teased while he started eating.

"hey minho, do you like anyone by any chance?" changbin asked out of nowhere.

"no not really, that one cafe boy was really cute though." he responded.

"yeah, we know. you were spamming our group chat yesterday saying how cute your server was."

"hey, i panicked! i texted you guys to give me something to do on my phone but then it got awkward because i was being so mean. i just want a do over." he said trying to defend himself for what he did but stopped when he realized he was rambling. in the mean time, hyunjin had pulled out his phone to read some of the messages from yesterday.

"oh my god guys, the server is really cute. what do i do? i'm panicking. you guys know what happens when i panick. i get all weird and cold. HELP. ME. i swear i'm gonna piss my pants. he probably thinks i'm mean now because i barely said anything! you guys are ignoring me. this isn't fair. goodbye." hyunjin read the texts aloud mocking minho the best he could before he and changbin bursted out laughing.

"yah! it's not funny!"

"oh please, this is even funnier than making fun of hyunjin. y-you were so stressed out! that goodbye clearly didn't do much since you texted us again immediately after." changbin said in between laughs.

"i'm leaving." minho gathered his stuff and walked away, clearly annoyed at the fact his friends were making fun of him instead of helping.

"meet us at our lockers after school. we're going to that cafe!" changbin yelled to minho as he was a few feet away from the table.

without turning around, minho flipped his friends off before continuing out of the cafeteria. they had been friends since their freshman year and always got on each other's nerves, but that's just how they were. they knew it was never serious.

☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎

the last class of the day had just finished and minho was racing through the halls to get to his friends. he was so done with the day that even hanging out with them seemed like a good option.

he got a little ahead of himself and accidentally pushed someone in front of him, and he was half expecting them to get upset and push him back. but when the person turned around, minho froze.
omg omg it's the server from yesterdayyyyy uhhhhhh i should apologize! "i-i'm sorry i just wasn't watching where i was going..."

the shorter boy just sighed and turned back around "just be more careful next time." he said and just walked away. did he recognize me? no, there's probably no way he even remembers what happened yesterday, right?

he continued walking to his friends, careful not to cause any more problems on his way there. he finally saw them both standing by their lockers, all of their lockers were side by side since they signed up for them before school started.

"hey minho, are you ready to go?" changbin asked when he noticed his friend walking towards them.

"nope, there's no way i'm going to that cafe."

"well, it doesn't matter. we're forcing you. i doubt that he goes straight to work though so we can wait a little bit first."

"ok, fine." minho wanted to sink into the ground at the thought of having to see the boy for the third time in 24 hours, but he knew his friends would physically drag him there if they had to.

☔︎︎☔︎︎☔︎︎

about 2 hours after school ended, they decided to head to the cafe. when they stepped inside, there were only a few people sitting in the back corner, but the rest was empty. as soon as minho looked up to the counter, he saw that the boy was working. great

"is that him?" hyunjin said leaning over to minho before the other boy slowly nodded his head.

"you're right, he is cute. let's go order." changbin agreed, making sure to embarrass minho as much as possible. if you asked him, he would say "that's what good friends are for."

when they walked up to the counter, changbin started talking. "hmm we've never been here before, minho maybe you know what's good? you should order for us." the boy glared daggers at his friends before walking to the front and ordering for himself.

"i want a medium black coffee," he said before he turned to his friends who had confused looks on their faces, "but i don't know how you expect me to know what the hell you want, so you can handle that yourselves."

"geez, ok i guess we'll just have two iced americanos." changbin ordered as he got out his wallet to pay.

"ok your order number is 287, do you need your receipt?"

"no thank you uhhh," changbin paused while he looked at the shorter boy's name tag, "jisung." he ended with a smile on his face as they walked over to a booth to sit down.

"i hate you guys." minho said as soon as they were seated.

"aww we love you too. but what the heck was that? i thought you hated black coffee."

"it just came out ok? i couldn't help it."

"whatever." hyunjin just sighed at his friend being absolutely stupid.