Apprehensive

“Oh, my dear, how are you?!”

“Mother… I… hey” Olivia spoke, still more than surprised to see her parents there “What are you guys doing here?”

“Oh, c’mon! Can we not visit our baby girl?” Her father laughed, slowly walking in.

Both immediately spotted Thomas, who was shyly leaning against the wall, a few steps away from the door, not entirely sure if he should be there or not.

“Oh! You are not alone!” Her mother smiled at Thomas, who gulped “Is this Clark? Aw, finally we meet!”

Thomas raised his eyebrow, but he quickly remembered that name.

Her ex boyfriend, who once appeared at her door when he was alone at her place.

And the one whom he had gladly punched in the face.

“Oh, no, mother” Olivia quickly approached Thomas “This is Thomas” she smiled, staring at him and squeezing his hand, giving him confidence “My boyfriend”

Her mother was taken aback “Oh, god, I am sorry, Thomas!”

Quickly, she moved to give him a hug and a kiss “It is really good to meet you”

“Oh” Thomas gulped, having the instinct to step back and yet, not wanting to be rude.

Oh, god.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Her father, however, seemed more suspicious.

“O’Brien”

Thomas nodded, gulping, after her mother let go of him “Uh, H-Hunter” he hesitated in giving him a handshake as well.

And, immediately, he was misunderstood for obvious reasons “Firm handshake, boy. Always have a firm handshake”

Looking down, he nodded “Y-Yes, Sir”

“So, did you guys have some days off and decided to come?” Olivia quickly dragged them inside “Come in” she told them, before turning to Thomas

“I am so sorry, baby. I had no idea they would come” she whispered

“It is ok… I-I just was not… god… they are going to hate me!”

“Shhh, they are not!” Olivia kissed him

“I-I have to go to the bathroom” he whispered

She sadly smiled “Go, then meet us at the living room”

He nodded, turning around

“Hey” She held his arm “I did not forget about your grandfather, ok?”

He smiled “I know, Liv” he whispered, still nervously.

“It will be alright, they will love you” she whispered “who does not?”

She smiled, walking back to meet her parents

“I did not know you had a new boyfriend, Liv” her mother spoke, when noticing Thomas was not around “God, it was embarrassing”

“Worry not mother. And, yes… I have been with Thomas for a good while” she smiled “And I have never been better”

“He seems unsure” her father spoke