Chapter 7

Kenji's POV

After school ended, I was on my way to my part time cafe. I hadn't realised she was following me until she jumped in front of me with that usual smile she has. Why is she always so energetic? I don't recall me being nice or even showing much reaction to her. Yet she still follows me everywhere, always being friendly and smiling at my cold self.

"Hey!" she smiled.

I nodded and continued my journey with her following me..

"Are you going to your part time cafe?" she asked, tilting her face, trying to face me.

I looked at her before answering, "yes"

"Okay I'll go with you" she skipped happily ahead of me, then we went to the cafe.

The bell rang as we entered the cafe. Isa sat down at the table near the window as I went to change.

After I finished changing, I saw her ordering something. My coworker gave me her order, she ordered a green tea latte. Then I started making her drink.

Isa's POV

I got excited when I saw him making my drink, I can't wait to taste it.. Why do i sound like a freak ew..

After a couple of minutes.. The cashier guy called my name, indicating my drink was ready. I stood up and went to grab my drink. I took a sip in the spot before saying 'thankyou' a little louder so he could hear my voice. But he didn't react at all..

"Well I should probably do the planning for our project" I said to myself, going back to my table.

Kenji's POV

It was past 6, I probably should finish up.

After finishing up, I went to Isa's table.. She was sleeping peacefully on her left arm, her cheeks were slightly squished, lips parted. Papers and books were all on the table with the empty cup that she ordered.

I carefully tapped her right shoulder, but she didn't move a bit..

Tapped..

...

"Isa.." I called her name for the first time.

She slowly began to move, opened her eyes.. Looking around before landing her eyes on me.

"Oh.. are you done?" she still has a sleepy face.

"Let's go.." i said.

She quickly picked up her stuff and we left the cafe.

"Where do you live?" she suddenly asked.

"10 minutes away from here" I answered.

She slowly nodded and continued, "Well, I live in Mansion street, about 5 minutes walk from here" she said.

It was a silent walk until her phone rang..

I can guess it's her mom.

She picked it up, "hello.."

"I'm on my way"

.....

"I'm with a friend"

.....

She scoffed before saying, "why do you care?" Her face turned dark..

She then ended the call, looked at me with a different expression from before.

"I think I need to go now.. Bye" she once again smiled and was about to go.

"Bye.." i said.

She stopped and turned around.. She gave me the biggest smile and said..

"See you tomorrow!" She ran off.

See you tomorrow..

To be continued...