Chapter 9

Yesterday Isa and Kenji talked about their project, well.. Isa did most of the talking. And they decided to do the project in Kenji's house today, which Isa was so excited about because she feels she can get the chance to know him better.

It was Saturday.. They agreed on making their project at 1pm.

Kenji's POV

I was waiting for Isa to come, it was 11.50. As i heard the doorbell ring, i went to open it.

Well I guess she came a little early..

"Hi!" she said excitedly.

She was wearing comfortable clothes, an oversized black t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants, with skechers shoes on. Her hair was naturally wavy and long.

She was holding a paper bag, i guess it's the stuff for the project.

"Can I come in?" I nodded my head in response.

I guide her to the living room, "wow you have a really nice house.. You're quite rich aren't you?" she said while looking around.

"Do you live alone?" she looked at me while sitting down on the couch.

"I live with my mom" I went to grab a drink for us.

"Is she not home?"

"She's on a business trip till next month" i said, placing the drinks on the table and she mumbled a 'thanks'.

"Okay then let's start" she sat down on the floor with me joining her.

Time skipped...

We were half way on making the project. Isa stretches her arms after 4 hours of working.

"I'm hungry.." she said, i stopped what i was doing and looked at her.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked.

"Can you cook?"

"A little" I answered, heading towards the kitchen.

"Then you choose, I'm okay with anything" she stood beside me.

"Okay" I start to cook our dinner.

She was sitting on the kitchen island stool, watching me cooking.

"Do you need help?" she asked, went closer to see what i was doing.

"Can you make rolled eggs?"

"Yes!" her eyes lit up, excited to help with the cooking.

"The eggs are in the fridge, on the second shelf" I instructed.

"Okay" she went to grab 4 eggs, then started to make the rolled eggs.

After she was finished, she helped set up the table.

I placed the dish in the middle, then got 2 bowls of rice, one for her and one for me.

"Wow..it looks and smells delicious, what is it called?" she stared at the dish i made.

"It's a Japanese beef stew" i said placing the rice in front of her then mine.

She clasped her hands before digging in. the moment she took a spoon full of the rice and beef, her eyes popped, her hand went up to her mouth.

"IT'S SO FREAKING GOOD" she looked like she was going to tear up.

"I have never tasted anything like this before" she took another bite.. And another..

"Don't you often eat something like this too?" I asked because I know her well off family.. Or mother, this is pretty sure a normal dish for them.

She shook her head, "my mom told the maids to make something that's lower in calories and tasteless food, to keep me away from gaining weight.. The only food I ate other than that is the school cafeteria food" she stopped eating and looked at the food.

"Then eat while you can" I said as I continued eating.

She nodded before continuing her dinner.

After eating our dinner, we went back to the living room.

"It's almost 7, I should head back" she said, looking at the time on her phone.

I nodded..

As we head towards the front door, I can see her diver waiting for her.. She sighs before facing me

"Well thanks for today, we can continue the project next time" she smiled and walked to her car, but she stopped and turned back..

"Cook for me again, okay!" She waved her hands cutely and went in her car.

After the car drove off, I closed the door and cleaned the living room, washed the dishes..

I went to wash up before plopping myself on the bed.

I thought about her again..

Smiled..

Then I finally closed my eyes..

To be continued...