Chapter 41

"Oh no, don't tell me you lost it!" said Aiah.

"I- I am n-not s-sure..." Khae stammered. She does not know how to tell Aiah she was wearing the necklace before going to the wake park. And she just realized now that it's gone.

"Mikhaela!" Aiah could not hide her disappointment. "Do you have any idea how important and valuable that necklace is to me? Huh?" She hissed.

Khae lowered her head. Aiah looks like she's going to cry any moment and she can't stand the sight of it.

"I'm sorry, baby." said Khae. She's filled with guilt.

Aiah shook her head. She's trying her best to compose herself. She's fighting the urge to cry.

"I am sorry, baby..." Khae tried to hold her but Aiah refused.

"I'm sorry? Won't there be a day that I don't get to hear those words from you? I mean, seriously Khae, you've been apologizing a lot lately. It has become your habit. It's upsetting." Aiah got off the bed and headed to the door. Her tears started falling.

"Babe--" Khae felt a pinch in her heart. It hurts her seeing Aiah cry. And she's mad at herself knowing she's the reason behind it.

She went after her.

Aiah does not want anyone to see her crying. She went outside.

Khae followed her to the lanai.

"I want to be alone, please." said Aiah. She has no words for Khae right now.

Khae hugged her but she pushed her away.

"I'm so sorry, please stop crying. Please..." Khae does not know what to do. She wants to hug her; make her stop crying but Aiah refuses.

"Shit" Khae can't help but cuss. She closed her eyes. She really can't stand the sight of Aiah crying.

"Stop crying, please! I'm begging you! Please..." Khae's voice cracked.

"I'm hurting! Do you expect me to laugh and be happy after what you did? You lost that one thing I cherish the most, Khae. It's not just an ordinary necklace! It was passed down to me from my great grandmother. It's that special. But I chose to give it to you because I thought you were going to treasure it the way I did. But what happened? I just literally gave it to you yesterday but you effin lost it!"

"I'm sorry, please. I know saying sorry is not enough. Losing it is unforgivable but please, please baby don't cry." Khae hugged Aiah.

"Seeing you cry is killing me" Khae tightened her hug.

"Let me go! Please, leave me alone." Aiah is trying to break free from Khae's embrace.

"No. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Khae's tears started falling as well.

"Let me go! Now!" Aiah said in angry tone.

Aiah never spoke to her like that before. Shit! I must have hurt her really bad.

She let go of her.

"I'm sorry..." Khae lowered her head. She clenched her fists. She was fighting the urge to hold Aiah and to hurt herself. She hates herself so much right now that she wants to wring her own neck.

Aiah looked at Khae. She sees her crying. But she can't feel empathy towards her right now. She's too hurt that she doesn't give a damn anymore.

She left her and went back inside.