12: Dead Girl

Grayson

"Did you miss me?" The voice says, and I shift my attention to the door. Lorelei gets off my lap, and I get up. "Damn you just keep getting taller. Big brother," My younger sister approaches me and gives me a hug.

"I missed you too, Jordyn," I return her hug. She turns her head and stares at Lorelei and back at me. I glare at warning her to not say anything. But she doesn't listen.

"So this is your pet for the month. Hey I'm his younger sister jordyn and I am assuming your Lorelei. Gray, she looks like annabelle. You definitely have a type or are you just not over anna-ouch," She whines when I pinch her arm.

"Shut that mouth of yours right now," I said, gritting my teeth.

"What the eyes and the hair resembles, Annabelle," She protests. She tilts her head to get a better look at Lorelei. But I can say she is much prettier than Annabelle. Annabelle had a bad aura around her. This one doesn't-,"

"And when did you become a fucking witch?" I interrupt her asking. She turns around crossing her arms and glares at me. She opens her mouth to say something but is interrupted by Lorelei.

"Can you two take this argument elsewhere? Let the poor girl re-,"

"Rest in peace. Wait, I thought she didn't die," Jordyn cut her off.

"She is sleeping. Grayson please. Can you two argue somewhere else? I can't say it was nice meeting you," Lorelei continues speaking. Jordyn scoffs and exits the room.

She is one disrespectful child. Jordyn is my younger sister whom i don't claim. She is a science major in college and spends most of her time in labs mixing chemicals together. If she isn't in a lab then she is at a club with legs around a male.

"You didn't tell me you had a younger sister?" Loereli stands in front of me with her arms across her chest. "It never came up," I answer.

"That's still something I should have known and who is annabelle?" She asks a question, I had hoped she wouldn't never have to.

"An ex," I respond.

"But you said you didn't date,"

"I don't anymore,"

"Oh okay. Umm if you still plan on leaving, in the morning don't wake me. I will need sleep," I nod at her request. "Sure, I might be back after you wake, however. I have a meeting in the morning."

"What kind of meeting?" She asks.

"One of my board members doesn't approve of a novel I will be publishing next month. So they want-,"

"They? You said one. Why are you using a plural pronoun? Is this person male or female? Or

do they go bye they/them?" She takes a closer step in front of me.

"What are you trying to imply here?" What's the deal with all the questions? Normally, you don't care what I do?" I react. As she caresses her elbow, she starts clicking her tongue. I'm not sure whether she realizes it, but anytime she touches her elbow, it indicates she's anxious, hiding something, or scared.

"I always care but tonight I feel like caring more than I usually do." She groans under her breath. She is jealous and is curious who Annabelle is.

"Hmm," I place my hands on each side of her face. Her different color colored eyes stare into mine.

"Who precisely is Annabelle?" She asks in reverent whispers. I sigh and shake my head. I haven't spoken or heard the name Annabelle in five years. I don't want to talk about her today.