Part 5: She's Hardly The First

In the middle of the night you hear voices and movement and you immediately stand up. You had already been awake so hearing all the commotion made you a little on edge.

You exit the room, and look around. Your eyes land on a group of prisoners that are holding onto Gamora. You watch as she desperately tries to get out of there grip, and it only reminds you of the past.

You shake away the thought, and carefully follow close behind them. They are headed to the showers, and when you enter you see Gamora held to the wall with a knife to her throat. The guy with the knife was skinny, and you could easily take him down.

"You will be dead in less then two seconds", he snears. His voice kinda reminds you of nails on a chalk board, and you immediately want him to stop talking.

A very muscular grey looking man walks past you and up to the two of them. The skinny man slowly turns to the muscular one. His wicked smile drops and he gulps now looking up at the man with fear. "Not if I kill her first", he rasps out.

You feel a presence behind you, so you slowly turn around to be met with Peters green eyes. He nods as an acknowledgement,but you just turn your attention back to the scene infront of you.  Something grabs your hand, so you look down and see Rocket clinging to it.

"What are you doing", he whisper yells. You grin at his concerned face, but don't say anything. Instead you let your gaze wonder back over to the two people.

"Ronan killed my family, so now I'm going to kill some of his", the man said. He reached forward and grabbed Gamora by the throat. He stepped closer with the knife. "Ronan is not my family", Gamora choked out trying to get as much air as possible. 

The man looked her dead in the eyes. "Your words mean nothing to me", he spat. There's so much sadness and hatred in his voice, that you can't help but feel sad for him.

"You know if killing Ronan is your soul purpose, then I don't think this is the best way of going about it.", Quill said stepping in. The muscular mans face turned confused.

"Aren't you the man this wench tried to kill"?
Quill laughed at that. "Well she's hardly the first", he said.

Quill begins to list all the women that have tried to kill him, and you just roll your eyes. You clear your throat and step closer. "The point is, is that if you want to get to Ronan, then why would you kill something that he's already on his way to kill. That's like doing the work for him", you say.

Quill and Rocket look towards you in shock. Neither of them thought you would speak, and they most definitely didn't think you would speak for that long.

Drax seems to ponder on what you said, before he lets Gamora go. She drops to the ground gasping for air. You turn on your heels and walk out the door. Quill turns to Rocket a little bewildered. "I thought you said she doesn't talk".

"Well the thing about that women, is that she does things on her own time, and on top of that you never really know what to expect from her"

Quill thinks on that for a second before they all head back to their cells. He can't help it, but his mind drifts back to the girl. How can she be so infuriating, but at the same time be really beautiful.

Y/n goes back to her cell and sits on the bed. She had to get out of here. She always hated going to the prisons. Rocket always had these big ideas that led to them being in prison. That's not what she wanted. She wanted to help people, even if that meant stealing from the rich to giving to the poor. Rocket and Groot were pretty much the only family she had, so she went along with anything they asked. Nobody knew that she was Ghost, other than the law enforcement.

She had wanted to tell Rocket and Groot about it, but she was scared on what they would think about her lying about it for so long. Her thoughts didn't rest at all that night, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't stop thinking.

Welp that's Chapter 5. Thanks to anyone that reads this. I am new to writing, so I don't really have a schedule that I follow. I will try to post more regularly, but it's kinda hard with my busy schedule. Anyways thank you for anyone who reads this.

Question of the day:
What's your favorite color?