House Tour

The Room stood still, the fire diminishing, the clock on the wall, ticking like a bomb. When the girl woke up she was confused. Where was she? How did she get there? And more importantly Why? She sat up, drinking her surroundings. Hesitantly she threw the covers off and got off the bed in search for answers.  As she walked towards the center of the room she could see the clock. Tick, Tick, Tick,...  As if time had froze it ended as soon as it happened almost as if she had be 'Stuck'. 

        To her left she could hear what sounded like 'A Long Long Time' playing on the other side of the wall. Inching her way closer to the door, she grasped the handle and opened it. A dimly lit hallway, the smell of whiskey and cigar smoke bounced around in the air. The woman's voice singing "Kiss me once Then, Kiss me twice Then, Kiss me once again, It's been a long, long time.." The song echoed down the hallway, with newfound determination to end this madness, the girl ventured into the unknow.

         Two red curtains hang at what seemed to be the exit, though the curtains made it seem like there was a live performance on the other side. Frustrated she pulled the curtains back to be faced with an empty living room, it's as if her sudden presence frightened whatever was in the room, making the record player, a few feet in front of her stopping abruptly. In anger the girl yelled out to whoever was listening "I'M DONE! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BULLSHIT! LET ME GO!" she sighed in defeat. 

         The small yellow TV suddenly flickered on, the static on the screen unnerved her. Putting on a brave face she crouched down and asked "Why? Don't you have better things to do than torcher a poor girl?". Standing up she looked around for anything that could help her escape this nightmare. She went to pick up the lamp of the side table when a voice rang out "Don't touch that." Feeling the hairs on the back of her neck stand up the girl turned around to find no one in the room. Like someone had dumped a bucket of ice cold water over her she bravely spoke "Hello? Who's there? Can you help me?" pleading with the voice.