Once Upon A Time

Once Upon A Time... 

    My grandmother had just  pulled the last tray of Chocolate chip cookies from the oven, then... like someone had flipped a switch, everything froze. The snow outside that was falling steadily stopped midair, the TV show paused and the radio stopped playing the Christmas music. Getting up from the couch, only one thing could be seen and heard moving... the Grandfather clock was the only item moving, the pendulum swinging, the minute hand ticking. "Dong, Ding, Dong", it was loud, heart pounding like a spell had been cast, trapping, suffocating me.

      The door bell rang, snapping me out of it. Looking around, nothing had changed. Running to the kitchen to grab a knife for protection. Still in a state of confusion and unsure of my situation. I cautiously make my way towards the front door. Knife in hand, I stupidly and bravely slam open the door, expecting to be faced with a masked intruder. At first I see no one, then I hear a voice "Hello? Down here." I look down and am greeted with the sight of a white rabbit wearing a waist coat and spectacles? 

        We stared at each other for what seemed to be forever then I decided to try and speak to it? him?  "Did you just ring my door bell and speak?" I ask. "Yes, I indeed can talk." it said. My eyes widen in shock. "Oh My Grapes!!" "Grapes?" it asked, "No, no I'm looking for Alice Kingsleigh." the rabbit says. "Kingsleigh?" I say confused "Yes, have you heard of her? She is needed for a very important event and we also need her help!" the white rabbit said. "Sorry to disappoint rabbit but, Alice Kingsleigh is gone." I say. "Gone?" it asked. "Yes, my great grandmother has been dead for a long time." I say.