Seventh Year Chapter XLIX - Hog's Head

The first trip to Hogsmeade finally arrived and Laura found comfort in the sight of the little shops and houses of the village.

George had talked to her about Harry, Ron and Hermione searching for people who would be interested in having real lessons of Defence Against the Dark Arts. It wasn't much for her desire to throw Umbridge out of a window, but at least she could learn something. They were to meet in the pub named Hog's Head. Laura and her friends took a good amount of time to find it, as no one had ever went there.

"Cough up, everyone, I haven't got gold enough for all these..." said Fred to the gathered students. Everyone searched for coins and the seventh year Hufflepuffs paid for their drinks too. They all sat down at a table and Hermione began. She explained that she wanted to learn and that they had had an idea when she was interrupted. The conversation drifted to whether people believed the Daily Prophet or not and Laura could not help but roll her eyes. They had come to discuss about a way to learn Defence Against the Dark Arts, not about politics.

"It's OK, Hermione." said Harry. "What makes me say You-Know-Who's back? I saw him. But Dumbledore told the whole school what happened last year, and if you didn't believe him, you won't believe me, and I'm not wasting an afternoon trying to convince anyone."

"All Dumbledore told us last year was that Cedric Diggory got killed by You-Know-Who and that you brought Diggory's body back to Hogwarts." said Zacharias. "He didn't give us details, he didn't tell us exactly how Diggory got murdered, I think we'd all like to know-"

"If you've come to hear exactly what it looks like when Voldemort murders someone, I can't help you." interrupted Harry, "I don't want to talk about Cedric Diggory, all right? So if that's what you're here for, you might as well clear out."

Hermione tried to continue to explain her idea, but once again, she got interrupted. People discussed the numerous exploits of Harry Potter and they finally settled about meeting together once a week to train.

"I- I think everybody should write their name down, just so we know who was here. But I also think that we all ought to agree not to shout about what we're doing. So if you sign, you're agreeing not to tell Umbridge or anybody else what we're up to." A lot more students were less keen to write down their name, afraid it would be evidence against them.

Fred got to his feet and was the first one to sign. "Well, time's ticking on, George, Lee and I have got items of a sensitive nature to purchase, we'll be seeing you all later."

George kissed the top of Laura's head before following their brother out. Laura and her friends all signed too and got out.

"I'm glad that we found a way to somehow learn about Defence Against the Dark Arts, but I'm not certain that fifth years will be of great help, even if it's Harry Potter." said Adam.

"Even if we help them more than they help us, I think it's worth it." said Peggy. They all agreed and already talked about which book they could lend them, which tip about O.W.L.'s they could give.