Sixth Year Chapter XXXIII - The Yule Ball

Laura was running around the castle, never missing a day to train even on Christmas Day, when she encountered a snowball fight.

"Laura!" Fred called. "Go help these two kids, they are in desperate need of your help."

"No, no!" shouted George. "Come here and help us! We'll crush them even more!"

But as he was finishing his sentence, a snowball flew from his brother's grasp and hit Laura, right on her stomach.

"That was the last stroll, Weasley." shouted Laura as she settled beside Harry and Ron. "Mind if I join?"

"Not at all." said Harry, not really looking in her eyes. With Laura's help, the twins had more trouble fighting their way through the snowballs.

Around five o'clock, Hermione loudly cleared her throat and they all looked at her as she declared she was leaving.

"What, you need three hours? Who're you going with?" asked Ron. But Hermione continued walking away, ignoring him.

"She didn't told you who her partner was?" asked Laura.

"No, do you know?"

"No," Laura shrugged. "I'm not friend with her, you are." But Ron had already turned his back to Laura and his gaze followed Hermione as she was making her way back to the castle. Laura looked at Harry, but he just rolled his eyes and shrugged. Suddenly, Ron was brought back to reality as a snowball hit him square in the face, splashing Harry and Laura with snow too.

"You two wait just there!" shouted Laura as she was running towards the twins.

They quickly got up and ran away from her but she was faster and jumped on George, making him fall. She tickled him as he fought his way out. Fred grabbed Laura under the armpits and lifted her. The snowball fight turned into a tickling one.

Moments later, the three Weasleys were wrestling, two against one.

"Hey, I'm sorry about the badges." Laura apologized to Harry.

"It's alright." he replied.

"No, it's not. We were all angry, but we've come to our senses. You say you didn't put your name in the Goblet, and we believe you. You have our support now, truly."

When the sky darkened, Laura decided it was time she too went preparing herself.

Laura and her friends had put on some music and were singing while dolling up in their dormitory. The room was full of movements as they crossed each other's paths, trying to put make up on, forgetting something from inside their trunks, leaving the bathroom, coming back, sitting on their beds, losing a shoe, struggling with the zipping of their dresses. At last, they were all good to go, and must say, beautiful. Laura had her hair up in a bun and was wearing a dark red dress that went down only to show her ankles. Peggy had a low-backed blue one and had let her hair down in gorgeous waves. Morgan had decided to go in simple black robes but was wearing a bright red lipstick. Marina was the most transformed. She clearly wanted to make Cedric regret his decision. Her dress was black, all tight down to her feet. But when she walked, the dress slit, letting a glimpse of her lower right leg.

They walked up to the Entrance Hall and searched for their dates. When George saw Laura, he wolf-whistled, taking one of her hand and making her turn around.

"You're always beautiful, but you're even more now." he said. Laura chuckled.

"Stop your cheesy compliment, George." interrupted Fred. "It's making me sick."