Chapter 1: Alive

Earth: #1218

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep

Where am I? My body is so sore as if I hadn't moved for a while now. Like I was bedridden. I decided to try and move my fingers which are the easiest to move. I tried moving my fingers.

Which I failed.

My throat felt so dry. I need water. Like really, I need to.

With enough strength that I gathered. I finally moved my finger an inch. I mentally celebrated.

"Tommy? Tommy? Can you hear me? Oh my god, wait." I heard a voice echo in my consciousness. I tried to say yes. But my throat wouldn't allow me to.

So instead, I moved my fingers once again as a response.

I heard some shuffling in my surroundings before, multiple footsteps echoed around the area that I'm in.

My eyelids were suddenly yanked open. A blinding light suddenly surface I tried to close my eye. But I couldn't as the doctor was holding it.

"Mr. Simon, can you hear us? Please follow the flashlight as a yes." The doctor said,

The light moved right. I followed.

"He is responding. Mr. Simons, It is a miracle you woke up. This is a big discovery." I heard the doctor say.

They made several tests before leaving us alone. During those tests, I finally opened my eyes and adjusted to the surroundings I am in.

A figure came beside me and sat down, he was smiling at me. A blonde hair man, emerald green eyes. His suit was crumpled and not neat.

I looked at him, observing him. He did the same to me, but the difference is that his eyes are glistening with unshed tears as he stroked my hair.

"Tommy, you scared me." The man said, his voice cracking.

I opened my mouth and tried to speak. It took me a while before I finally spoke.

"Dream," My voice was hoarse.

Dream smiled and hugged me. I accepted them, I was so happy. I thought I would never see him once again.

It was worth it.

He is worth it.

He broke the hug and went to my bedside and took a glass of water. He helped me adjust my position and took the breathing mask that was covering half of my face to help me breathe.

"Here, drink this. I know you're probably hungry." He put the drinking cup on my parted lips and slowly poured it in. The water magically drenched my thirst.

I drank half of the water in the cup before stopping. He took the cup away and placed it on the table.

I laid down, still looking at Dream. Who was fixing the things that were cluttered on the table. The bed was high to help me lean on it.

"Thank you, Dream."

He stopped doing his thing, he looked at me. He stood up straightly and rubbed his hands together. He took a seat on the side of my bed and took my hands to his.

"Hey, Tommy. Don't worry. Everything will be alright okay?" He gently squeezed my hand.

His phone suddenly rang. He released my hand and walked over to the sofa in the room and took the phone. He took the phone into his hands and showed it to me while gesturing that he will go out. I nodded.