Chapter 1- Thunderstorms

Josie's POV

It was a rainy and stormy night. I am currently in Lizzie's room, making sure she's okay. Lizzie hates thunderstorms. Dad has been out all night, not explaining where he was going.

Li: Where's dad?

J: I don't know Lizzie. He's been gone almost all day. It's probably just work.

I tried to give her my best reassuring smile and she seems to be convince by it. She snuggles into my side. I continue to read sleeping beauty, mom used to read us this fairy tale until she died.

Li: Thank you for being here Jo.

J: Anything for you Liz.

Lizzie fell asleep fast. I just have to wait a couple minutes to be able to go on my late night walks. It's the only time I can be alone.

An hour passes and I quietly leave Lizzie's room. I shut her door and grab a jacket. I walked out of the house and locked the front door. Only dad has the key so he'll be able to get in.

On The Walk

Hope's POV

I was out, looking for something to eat. More like someone but you get the point. I see a tall, brunette girl. She looks... tasty. I follow behind her and she stops walking.

I vamped off behind a tree, making sure she couldn't see me. She looks around and I could see her face. She was breathtaking. Something in me takes over and tells me not to suck her dry.

After a couple minutes she starts walking again, I follow after her. Something is pulling me towards her, it's like a magnet. She stopped walking again and this time I just stand under a lamp post. She turns and looks at me.

Josie's POV

I see a short girl in the distance. She was under a lamp post. Nobody is out this late, only me. She waved at me like some of the killers do in the horror movies. I awkwardly wave back and she walks away. I watch her walk away.

At Home

(Still Josie's POV btw)

Once I arrived back home, I seen my dads car in the driveway. I walk inside and he's sitting at the dining room table. It's like he was waiting for me.

Al: Where were you?

J: I was out.

Al: Where?

J: Just walking around, it's not that deep dad.

Al: It's not that deep! You could've died, or you could've gotten kidnapped.

J: We live in Mystic Falls, nothing bad happens here.

Lizzie comes downstairs, dad looks over at her.

Li: What's going on?

J: Dad is-

Al: Go to bed sweetie.

Li: I just woke up because you're yelling at her.

J: Lizzie just go to bed, please.

Lizzie nods and goes back up to her room. Dad rubs at his temple and sighs. I sit across from him and he looks at me.

J: What's going on with work?

Al: Just a bunch of paperwork. Nothing to important.

J: Then why are you stressing so much about it?

Al: Because it's work, then you were out when there are dangerous criminals out there.

J: You didn't care before so why are you caring now?