Chapter 11- Possibly Death

Josie's POV

My dad finally came upstairs with Hope. Hope walked up to me and sat by me. I smiled and my dad left the room. Hope touched my hand and quickly took it away.

J: It's okay.

H: Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable.

J: Yes Hope, it's okay.

Hope held my hand and I look at our hands. My smile widens and I look back at Hope.

H: Why didn't you give up?

J: I knew you needed someone but I did leave you a couple times.

H: You threatened to stop seeing me, there's a difference between actually leaving and threatening to leave. Actually leaving hurts a lot more than the threats.

J: Okay, now I have a question for you.

H: Ask away, it's only fair, right?

I nod and Hope straightens up.

J: Why did you turn it off?

H: I couldn't handle the pain of you leaving even if it was my fault for you leaving.

J: I'm glad you finally admitted it to yourself.

We both laughed and after laughing we made eye contact. It felt like it was only us two in the world. Like nothing could actually pull us apart. Someone barged through the door and when I looked it was just Lizzie.

Li: Woah am I interrupting something?

J: Yes.

Li: Okay, I'll just come back tomorrow then.

Lizzie leaves and Hope and I chuckle. I look down at our hands and seen Hope was still holding my hand. I smiled and looked back at Hope.

J: You look really uncomfortable, sitting up right now.

H: It's fine.

J: Lay down.

H: What if your dad comes in and he kicks me out?

J: It's not like we'll be doing anything.

H: But I'm a-

J: He wouldn't kick you out, just lay down.

Hope nods and lays down on my bed. I snuggle into her side and she wraps her arm around me. I smiled and Hope played with my hair.

J: Don't ever turn it off, like ever again.

H: I won't.

J: You promise?

H: I promise.

It fell into comfortable silence and I ended up falling asleep. I was pretty exhausted, I just hope that Hope knows that I fell asleep.

Hope's POV

I seen Josie has fallen asleep. I slowly got up and made my way outside. I walked outside and walked around for awhile. I seen someone walking around. I really want to sink my teeth into their neck but I just got on good sides with Josie's dad. I turned around and the person ran up to me.

?: Do you know where I could find a hotel?

H: Uh it's like 5 miles out of town.

?: Thank you.

The urge is getting to hard to handle. I feel my fangs attract and I look up.

?: Everything okay?

H: Yeah, just a rough night.

?: What happened?

H: It doesn't matter.