Chapter 28

MEMORIES BRING BACK YOU

Y/N'S POV

I sat there, unable to move after the news I received. Jungkook got into a car accident, and had a small chance of surviving... And the last thing we did was agree to taking some time off. 

I remembered the conversation I had with the doctor after they were done with the operation. 

"How long till he wakes up?" I asked, my eyes brimming with tears. "There's a small chance of survival even though the surgery was successful, so.. he might not wake up." The doctor said, as I tried holding myself up by holding onto the wall beside me.

"But.. even if he wakes up, which we can't predict when, he might not remember events that have occurred in his life, let alone, he might not remember anything." he said as the tears never stopped falling out of my eyes. 

"Thank you for operating on him.. I'm very grateful.." I said, in between my sobs as the doctor placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's my job.. I hope you get only good news in the future." he said as I bowed to him.

I lift my head up and take a small glance on the man in front of me, who lay as lifeless as could be. The oxygen mask covered his nose and mouth as I sighed. 

It had been a few hours since the operation was over. He had a couple of broken bones and internal bleeding in his head. I look at him, the once fluffy hair I ran my fingers through was covered by a bandage. 

The hands I held had a plaster cast around it. I looked away from him and sighed. 

"Hey Jungkook.." I whispered out slowly. My voice shuddered but I held back the tears. 

"In case you don't remember.. I'm your girlfriend, Y/N Miller.. You are a year older than me.." I said, my voice cracking in between as I sighed again to calm myself down. 

"And we.. We are soulmates." I said, looking at his closed eyes. 

"As long as you breathe, I do too.. So if you die.. I won't have the will to live anymore so.. Please," I said, holding his hand and stroking it softly, "Please don't die yeah?" my words came out more straightforward than I expected them to, but I didn't regret my choice of words.

"I love you.. And I wish we could go back to yesterday, before we argued.. I'm sorry.." 

2 WEEKS LATER

"Jungkook! You know what happened today? That asshole Min-Hyun legit called me for like nothing and said he didn't!" I ranted about my day only to receive silence. Jungkook still was in a coma, but I still spoke to him. Even though I got no reply, I hope I'll get one soon. 

"Anyways.." it felt awkward to get ignored by someone who never actually ignored me. 

"Um... When are you planning to wake up? I'm an impatient person you see." I said, holding onto his cold hand, wanting it to twitch and him to wake up. 

"Ok.. Anyways! I'm uh.. I'm gonna eat now.." I said and got up to exit the room. "What should I eat..?" I asked myself but started walking towards the McDonalds next to the hospital. 

I stood in line for the take-out orders, wanting to sit in the hospital while eating. My turn soon came as I ordered what I wanted to eat and sat down to wait. 

"307."
My number was called out as I grabbed the bag and payed for the food and walked out of the store. I reached the hospital in 5 minutes and sat on the small table in the corner of Jungkook's room. 

I grabbed the ketchup and stared at it for a few seconds and remembered the memories, the memories I would have avoided because of the situation I was in. 

Flashback

"Gosh just give me the mayo then!" he said, annoyed at how his girlfriend was behaving. "No I want that too." she was obviously playing with him, and he let her just so she'd be happy. 

The smile on her face always made him happy, but he was too annoyed to notice it this time. "Y/N. I'm serious. Don't annoy me more." his voice changed, going from whiny to deep, causing Y/N to giggle. 

"You are cute when annoyed though." Y/N said, causing Jungkook to roll his eyes. "Ketchup or Mayo. Give me one." Jungkook said as Y/N's laughter died down. 

"Are you going to argue with me? Take the mustard." she said, as Jungkook sighed. "Just eat my burger too. I don't want it." he said and got up to leave the room but Y/N grabbed his hand and pouted, "You're no cool." she said and handed the ketchup to the now giggling man. 

"Don't annoy me again." he said, and kissed Y/N's forehead before grabbing the ketchup out of her hands and smearing it all over his burger. "You know.." Y/N began after seeing the sauce around Jungkook's lips as he took a bite from the burger, "I love you.. Is that weird?" 

A smile made it's way to Jungkook's face. "Very weird. But you know what's nice?" he questioned as Y/N raised her brows, "That even though its weird you love me." Y/N's heart started drumming against her chest as she slowly leaned in to place a kiss on her boyfriend's face. 

They stayed the same way for a few more minutes as Y/N could taste the ketchup she craved for before sympathizing with the man in front of herself. 

"I'll love you forever Jeon Jungkook.." she whispered against his lips as he pecked her quickly, 
"You better marry me Y/N Miller." 

___

I look at the same guy from my thoughts, laying on a hospital bed. I sigh and throw the packet of ketchup away. "Why do I have to think of you all the time..?" she whispered to herself as tears started brimming in the corner of her eyes. 

But her tears got controlled, when she heard a heartbeat. 

A very familiar one. 

___