V - Manners

(line)

3.2 - AB OVO

Ab Ovo is an independent city-state. Located in the south of the globe, it is widely considered to be one of the most technologically developed places in the world. Heralded for its developed infrastructure and towering high rise buildings, one would need sharp street smarts and persistence to live in this sink-or-swim nation.

This is a perfectly democratic nation. Led by an AI system, every idea is valued. As a member of Ab Ovo, you have the right to vote on any issue of your choosing (For those 18 and above). Due to the efficiency of operations, Ab Ovo can afford to entertain ideas of any kind.

In terms of education systems, Ab Ovo is well-versed with various universities offering a variety of courses. From architecture to advertising, career options are almost endless. A bustling economy encourages entrepreneurs to test themselves in what is perhaps the fastest nation in the world.

Population: 10,020,027

Area: 618 km2

Literacy rate: 98.2% (15 years and above)

GDP (as per 2535) : 512,354,727 Credits

As space is limited, and with a population of over 10 million, policies have been implemented restricting birth rate and immigration. While met with initial backlash, many have accepted its importance. Furthermore, one can often see tall high rise housing apartments called tohmons, sometimes housing up to 1,500 people per block.

*For more information regarding common communication with Ab Ovians, refer to 5.5 - Connections phase 1

(line)

It was not a forgiving night for Fons. He tossed and turned in bed, unable to escape his racing mind. It seemed as if he were just as confused as Silas was. Lying on the floor, the warmth of the sun had already been replaced by cold winds and a glimmering moon in the night sky. Dinner plates from the evening had been hastily stuffed in the dishwasher that was starting to cause a racket, water swirling and splashing. Not to mention Fons' sleeping partner. Silas had lumbered into a single bed along the wall which creaked as he breathed in and out. A true orchestra of the night.

Fons wasn't "sleepy" at all. He hadn't even changed into "pyjamas" like Silas did. Dressed in the same clothes he wore in the afternoon, It felt as if every fibre of his body was buzzing. The door called to him.

One step, two steps.

It would just be some time outside. Where he could stretch his legs and be devoid of the confines of the apartment.

Chick.

Funny. The door hadn't opened like it did earlier in the afternoon. Fons recalled Silas tapping in some sort of key on a keypad. But there wasn't a keypad at all on the inside. What to do, what to do...

Maybe another try.

Chick.

Another?

Chick.

Fons peeked his right eye through a gap in the door. Regardless of the hour, it was buzzing outside.

He looked towards the Oculus window. A canvas of stars and illuminated buildings filled his vision.

"Back to sleep, dude"

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. Insides squirming, Fons headed back to the carpet. He would explore another day. Now would be time to, "fall asleep". It hadn't been listed as a difference between droids and humans, thus this should be entirely possible for him.