POSSESSION; 18

▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂

DEREK BLACK

WHEN I WAS A CHILD, begin the oldest you tend to get everything you had ever want in this wretched world. The unexpected privilege of being born into a wealthy yet dangerous family, was somewhat what any person would want, wouldn't it? The poor dreamed to be rich to spend every ounce of money they had, while the rich didn't know what to do with their fortune. My father was one of them. He gave me everything i needed to become what I am today, he taught me lesson and reason, the powerful and respected pure the difference between the two.

The powerful may have power over everyone, but it wasn't respected by its people. The people where furious by the powerful ones mistake, while the respected had less power but was loved and cherished by everyone. If you only have one them you'll ever get anywhere, if you don't have power then you'll never get anything done, if you do not have respected then your own people will turn against you. Taking everything that you worked for, only to leave you in the cold.

I remembered from a very little age, a memory I tend not to forget no matter how old I may be, for that moment was a valuable lesson that I learned from that point on.

" IF YOU WANT SOMETHING
THEN TAKE IT"

Some thing that my father once told me that was engraved in my mind even to this day, " the world won't give you what you want, it's too vile for such thing. There is no pot of gold at the end of every rainbows, where they would hand over to what you please, so if you want it so badly then you'll just have to take it with your bare hands. "

And I did.

The moment I stood there holding on tight to my father hand, looking through the thick glass that separates me and him. I saw him there, his bright brown eyes he smiled, giggling with laughter, holding up his little finger to the nurse that cooed at him softly. She bounced him up and down singing him a little lullaby for the small boy.

I knew for then on, " he was mine"

I have had held on in my grasp for the longest but was now lost in the world, wandering those dirtied streets, living its life happily without me. The toy that I have stored far away from others, hoping to keep it hidden as it lived in my possession, was just taken from me long ago.

The feeling of abandonment shook my whole begin that very day.

I hated it.
This feeling that grew in me every day, this obsessive compulsive of want.
I wanted him, but he wasn't there.
I wanted him to still be here, he kept my sanity.
Now he's gone.