Irony of Ivy

6:00pm

H:

Can't come. Next time. Promise.

Me:

It's okay, I'm still in the house pa naman.

I took a deep breath as I pressed the send button. Sinungaling, 'Still in the house' , I've been waiting for an hour. I've prepared early, picked the new dress I bought because I thought he'll come this time. Then it just ends up with a cold text message.

I took another deep breath to remove all the negativity that I'm feeling, before I stand and pick my purse bag and phone. I leave the coffee shop trying to control all of the feelings I'm feeling at the moment, but instead of becoming okay, it just makes it worse, I'm not feeling better!

"Hey!" It caught me off guard when someone just tapped my shoulder. When I look at her she's glowing, no need for her to tell that she's happy, her eyes, her innocent face, her. Slapping me with the reality that she is happy.

I don't know how I quickly remove the annoyed expression on my face and replace it with a friendly smile. "Nagulat naman ako."

"You looked too annoyed when I saw you, dun." Tumuro sa kung saan sa bandang likod na kanan niya. "'Di ba, hon?" then looked to him, who's on her left side. He nodded only looking at her. The way his hand was at her waist, guarding her. The way she looked at her, like she was the only thing that he could see. That me, and anyone walking past us is just nothing but an air or never worth of his time.

She is the only thing that matters to him.

"Really?"

"Uh huh. Magdinner kami, sama ka?"

"Third wheel ako? No, thank you. Magsho-shopping lang ako ng mawala badtrip ko. Medyo stress me, eh." I said it with my playful tone. "Enjoy your date." I winked at her before I passed both of them.

I never got a text message that day.

Even though I want to, he wouldn't like it. For him not texting, it's a hint for me to not call or text. I'll just need to wait for him to have time for me. I canceled all the plans with my friends this week, minsan kasi he will call and magde-date kami sa malayo. To unwind ba and para mapag-usapan ang mga nangyari sa buhay namin habang hindi kami nagkikita.

He is not the type of guy na showy sa feelings niya, but I feel it, he cares for me. Made time for me. Even though it's short, he makes me feel love. I have no complaints about that, he's just busy, as long as he remembers to have time with me, I'm fine with that.

"Kahit anong abang mo walang text para sa taong hinihintay mo." One of my friends commented when she noticed that I've been holding my phone and looked at it from time to time. I made a face, didn't make any rebuttal to it. I don't want her to dig deeper, instead I turned off my phone and placed it at the table.

I know that, no need to rubbed it to my face. Nagbabakasakali lang, baka maisipan niya ngayon.

They're here at my place, three of them since I don't wanna go out with them, they just bring the party to my house, instead. I have friends, a lot of them, but I never try to tell them things that I told him. It's weird that I could tell him things that I'm not comfortable sharing with my friends.

I badly wanted to talk to him. Share things with him. I wanna hug him tight.

I sighed and drank the remaining alcohol in my glass.