Chapter 4

Marie's POV

It's almost two hours since I interrogated the guy we brought in and he didn't spill anything, so I decided to leave him in the basement tied up for a little while to think. We weren't getting very far with that guy and it was beginning to drive me nuts.

I went into the dining room to get myself a plate of food, I had a little blood on my hands to which Kadeem cringed at, making me leave to wash my hands as Tré fixed my plate for me.

When I got back to collect my plate I asked Kadeem, "Are you alright?" Even though we haven't gotten along for so long, we respected the flag of truce, at least for the sake of Maya.

"Yeah, thanks." He said and a sense of warmth filled my heart. I quickly took my plate and felt the room making Tré follow after with a glass of juice for me.

"Hey, is everything alright?" he asked and I looked up at him as a tear trickling down my cheek.

"I'm fine." I said as I sat on my chair in my office.

Closing the door behind us he walked over to me. "You're obviously not fine, love."

I loved when he called me love, it had a special ring to it. "I just miss her alot, she would know what to do right now." I smiled knowing well that she'd come up with some brilliant plan.

"Yeah she would, I miss her too but how did Kadeem make you sad?" his boyfriend instincts kicking in.

I laughed, "We all know we don't get along, but it's amazing the things love can do. Because we both love Maya we were able to put our differences aside to get her back."

"That's deep." he said but I knew he was teasing me, mostly to make me laugh so I pushed his chest a little and he grabbed me, pulling me in to kiss me.

Not much people knew Tré and I were an item, even though it's been so for a couple of years now. We've managed to maintain a work front and as many people knew we grew up together along with Ricardo and Maya it became easy to make it seem like just a friendship.

It wasn't really our intentions but after realizing that's how it looked to the public and it wasn't a bother for us we didn't see it important to tell the world.

Of course my boyfriend gets jealous sometimes when I use my flirtactics on guys to get things done but he understood why and that they weren't of interest to me, so he never allows it to be an issue.

After the kiss was finally over I gasped for air, causing him to chuckle at me. I giggled a little and began eating my food. "Have you finished eating?"

"Yeah, a while ago." he sat looking at me eating, "Do you want me to go smack some info out of him for you?"

"Ye..."

"Don't answer that, I'm going, you go rest I'll take someone with me, don't worry." I did get to finish my answer.

"Ok then." I said laughing at him.

As he stepped out of the room, Kadeem was walking in with a folder, "I didn't really get to talk to you when you came in." he made known that piece of information and looked around awkwardly.

Laughing at his awkwardness I said, "Yeah, I'm sorry about that." I looked at him with a serious face, "I should have told you myself the we didn't find her, I just couldn't stand the look I might have gotten when I did, I'm sorry."

"It's ok I understand, she's your friend too so I understand how you feel." he said with a half smile.

"What's that you got there?" I said pointing at the file in his hand.