Chapter 15

Kadeem's POV

Being back to work full time has been calming and peaceful, as it helps to take my mind off of the things happening around us.

"Drowning yourself in work isn't going to get rid of your problems love." I didn't realize Maya walking into my office until she was sitting on the table in front of me.

"I'm not doing it intentionally." I say completely forgetting about work now.

"Fair enough, What are your thoughts?" she questioned.

"Just everything that happened these past few months." I told her not going into much detail.

"What about it?" she pushed.

"I've come to see the world in a different light, so to speak." I said not wanting to drop hints.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I knew her intentions were pure, but the questions were becoming too much.

"Babe, I love you, but can I keep these thoughts as mine?" I asked in the most pleasant way.

"If that's what you want, just know that I'm here for you through it all if that's what you really want." she assured me.

"I know." I said standing up and hugging her. "Wait how come you're here?" I pulled away.

"Is it a problem?" she raised her eyebrow in surprise.

"Of course not, I just thought you had things to take care of with Marie." I redeemed myself.

"No, today it took some time to take care of things at my company with a few different clients and then I had lunch with Ciara and after dropping her off to her class I decided to check on you." she explained. "Other than that, I thought that me being your girlfriend I was allowed to drop in whenever I wanted."

"And you can, I just knew your gang had a lot going on and they would need you so it was just a little surprising to see you here." I told her.

"Do you think I wouldn't make time for you amidst everything taking place?" she questioned holding my chin forcing me to look at her.

"I know you would, I just don't want to distracted you because I know that can lead to unwanted events." I showed her.

"Ok I understand, but you're never a distraction for me, I mean I try not to make you a distraction because I know the consequences." she rephrased her statement.

"Ok." I said sighing.

"Ok, can we go to eat now?" she questioned.

"Didn't you now come from lunch with Ciara?" I asked.

"Ammm yeah, so what?" she challenged my question.

"Nothing, nothing at all!" I said not wanting to aggrevate her.

"Let's go!" she said getting off the table and making her way outside expecting me to follow.

Which I did, after collecting my belongings, I met Maya by the car waiting while talking to Aiden, her bodyguard.

"Hey man!" I greeted him to which he nodded with a smirk.

We sat in the car and headed over to Aquarium, a seafood restaurant ten minutes away.

Marie's POV

The day was going quite well I had already checked in at the office, checked on my parents and now I was on my way to a meeting with Hernandez.

Walking into his office with Tré beside me, I greeted Hernandez. "How are we today?"

"We are great!" he said shaking my hand.