*Chapter 10: The Recordings

It didn't take long for Rei to call on Hyde, the hidden twin of Honte.

The young man looked slightly nervous as he entered the room despite how his face and whole body is fully covered.

Rosalyn and Cale is now facing the newcomer in grey robe. Still maintaining his pokerface, Cale is actually trying his hardest not to blatantly scowl at the greeting the younger gave them as he deeply bowed.

"Pleased to finally meet you the heroes of the continents."

His voice has no tone, which instantly reminded the two of their friend, Mary. This masked person in front of them acted quite similarly at the early days of them knowing the said Necromancer.

Cale inwardly sighed.

'Don't tell me that I need to deal with another one of them...'

The most annoying types of people in this world are those with loose tongues, those who are dense, and those who are innocent.

Even Cale who has played those roles occasionally, dreaded to meet any of the mentioned. Not because he can't handle them, but simply because it's annoying to do so. If he were able to choose, dealing with cynical people or psychotic peers are easier to be done.

It was that moment.

「Cale, this person feels weird...」

'Hmm?'

「This person might not looked like it but he seems to be strong」

Only not so long ago the Super Rock talked about something similar- by then, Tsuna ended up revealing himself as an Immortal.

Which is why, Cale's instantly in hight alert as he made eye contact with the pair of purple eyes behind the full white mask as soon the young man straightened his back from the previous greeting.

Much to his surprise, The pair of orbs that he's staring into right now aren't that of schemer or a liar. On the other hand, Hyde's eyes held a sufficient amount of innocence that can be on pair with the children under his wings, the Pope Jack and Mary.

'I would have been fooled had it not from Super Rock's warning'

And then, as he observed the other's annual rings...

'What the hell is this?'

Cale was genuinely surprised at his findings.

「He's not the only one」

「How fascinating!」

「Are we going to eat this?」

The thief, cheapskate, and glutton also chimed in while Cale catched himself staring for a bit as he let their voices becoming a background noises.

All kinds of beings he has seen before have one annual ring although White Star has smaller annual rings mixed within.

This robed person, however? He has one, two, three... a total of seven.

Seven annual rings with different sizes seemed to be neatly lined vertically.

-yet, despite his suspicion, that pair of reddish-brown eyes that curled up like crescent moons.

Rei who watched this from the sideline couldn't held back his flinch while Rosalyn remained still, letting her benefactor to lead the conversation as she watched how this Hyde-person would react.

"It is nice to meet you too. We've heard a bit about you. Now, Before we started, you wouldn't mind for a small interview, do you?"

His voice was set on friendly and soothing. A perfect combination for luring innocent people towards a trap- of course, the latter would only fall for this if he has actual innocence left behind.