Chapter 6- Stand by your word & Fall face down

Chapter 6 STAND BY YOUR WORD & FALL FACE DOWN

"Are you absolutely sure? You understand the sensitivity of this information. And yet you want to tell Stu about it?" Kent's eyes monotonously followed Sean who was pacing in front of him in his office.

"Yes, I am sure. I didn't deny your idea so now you have to agree to my proposal.", Kent spoke with finality in his decision.

"But Stevens! The change in the plans is top secret. No one is supposed to know about it until your departure to Paris tomorrow. Can you trust Stu with this?"

Kent raised an eyebrow at Sean. "A, you shouldn't be talking about trust. B, I trust her more than I trust you, and C, Why the hell are you calling Stacy, Stu?"

Sean stopped in front of his desk and eyed him for a few seconds with no expression. He cleared his throat as Kent noticed him snapping out of whatever thought had captured him for those seconds.

"I call her Stu because I can't figure out any other short form of Stacy." Sean shrugged matter of factly. Kent rolled his eyes. Of course, that's the genius reason behind the stupid nick name.

"Well I am telling her about the change of plans, whether you agree to it or not.", Kent had decided it after Gerard had revealed his plan to Kent yesterday. Stacy would be coming with him and it was her who would be preparing for the little trip they'll have to Paris. So Kent thought it'd be better if she knew about Paris beforehand.

" The whole paper work changes Sean. Now you can take care of the change in travelling plans and all. But I am pretty sure handling documents of Stevens Biotechs and that hotel chain? That's totally out of your league." Kent reasoned with him the tenth time.

"I hear ya man. But still, I don't like the leak of this information.", Sean looked at Kent.

The intercom buzzed in his office." Yes Candice?"

"Sir, Ms. Waltz is here."

Kent pressed the button and the door unlocked. Stacy walked in with stacks of files in her hand.

She scooped through the files arranging them according to the priority and spoke, "Sir, Mr. Richard has mailed you the updates from the site. And there are a few purchases he wanted your consent for. The details are in the mail too."

Once the arranging was done, she neared her boss's table to put them there. She looked up towards him and that's when she noticed the company they had.

" Hey Stu! How ya doin?", Sean smiled at her.

Right that moment, the files still in her hand slipped falling on the floor. The papers had scattered all around her. Her eyes widened her mouth popping open in shock. She could feel her cheek slowly burning red. But was it cause of the Agent calling her from that cute nick name and the smile he was giving her? Or was it from the embarrassment and the glare her boss was throwing in her direction?

" Whoops! Sorry Stu, didn't mean to scare you.", Sean came forward to help Stacy who was still frozen to her spot.

" There! All the files are safe mam." Sean stood up passing her a smile which only made the matters worse. She couldn't even move a muscle. Sean was standing too close to her to even breathe properly. Those bright smiling green eyes paralyzed her.

" Err... okaayyy. I guess I'll just give them to Stevens here." Kent was seeing it all with confusion on his face. What's gotten into her? He knew she was a little uncoordinated but she never went into a paralytic frenzy before. He had an urge to roll his eyes. Here he was bragging about her to Sean.