Chapter 24: Becoming Empress

The Emperor and Hei Xin starts coughing out blood.

"Someone get the imperial physician!" One of the servant yell.

"No need." Xing Ing say as she walk up to the Emperor. "Sorry father, you left me with no choice."

"You... you unfilial daughter!" Say the Emperor while blood drips down his mouth.

Xing Ing let out a loud laugh and say, "You wanted to get rid of me first, so I have to get rid of you. This kingdom will be peaceful as long as I rule it." Xing Ing turns to her brother and say, "Brother, all you wanted was power and your problem today is a great excuse for me."

Hei Xin look up to Xing Ing standing at the top of the throne and say very painfully, "Isn't what you're doing right now because of power? You probably want power more than I do!"

Xing Ing let out a little evil laugh, "Yes and I got exactly what I wanted."

Xing Ing gesture to Xiao Yu.

Xiao Yu announce, "Listen up! From now on, this kingdom will be ruled by Empress Xing Ing! Anybody object to this will be executed!"

Everybody bowed down except for Jingshen and Ming Que.

Xing Ing roll her eyes at them and order the guards to drag the Emperor down from the throne. She then went and sit on the throne.

"Xing Ing, what are you doing?" Ming Que asks. "Are you crazy?"

Xing Ing look over to Ming Que and answers, "Yes. I'm crazy."

Ming Que is speechless and just shake his head.

Later, it was announce that both the Emperor and Prince Hei Xin have passed away.

***

"Jingshen, what do you plan to do now?" Ming Que asks as they walk down the street of the market.

Jingshen sigh and reply, "I want to go back to Mount Ding. Everything happened in a flash. I need time to process everything."

"Let me go with you." Say Ming Que.

"No. You have to stay here or Xing Ing will get mad again. We don't know what she'll do next." Say Jingshen.

After a while, Ming Que nods in agreement.

***

"Did you find her?" Xing Ing ask Xiao Yu.

"Yes, your majesty." Xing Ing reply. "She reside in a cave just outside the kingdom's gate."

"Great." Xing Ing smirk. "Take me to her."

Xiao Yu nods and leads the way to the person they were talking about earlier.

Later, they arrive outside the cave. Xing Ing got down from her carriage and stare into the dark and murky cave.

"You sure she's inside?" Xing Ing asks.

"I'm sure, your majesty." Xiao Yu reply.

Then they both decide to walk inside the cave. Just when they were about to enter, they got knock over because there's a magical barrier that prevents them from going inside.

"Who goes there?!" An old lady's voice from inside the cave calls out.

"I'm Xing Ing, I like to seek your help!" Xing Ing calls from outside the cave.

"Come." Say the voice from inside the cave.

Xing Ing walk right through the magical barrier and when Xiao Yu follow, she couldn't go pass the barrier.

"Xiao Yu, you stay out here and wait for me." Say Xing Ing.

Xiao Yu nods.

Once Xing Ing is inside, she sees an old lady with white hair. Her face is full of wrinkles and her skin seems to be peeling.

"Have a seat." Say the white haired lady. "What do you wish for?"

"I wish for Jingshen to die." Xing Ing say straightforwardly.

The white haired lady brought out her magic orb and look into it. "What a pity. You both have a perfect friendship, but it all have to end because of one man."

"Don't beat around the bush. Can you help me or not?" Xing Ing asks impatiently.

"This one is so impatient." Say the white haired lady as she shake her head. "I can help you, but I also want something from you."

***

On Mount Ding, Jingshen was called by her master and was force to kneel in front of him.

"Jingshen, do you know what you did wrong?" Master Bu asks.

"No, I don't. Please let me know what I did wrong." Say Jingshen.

"You are an unmarried lady hanging around with a man who's married already. How is that right?" Master Bu say aggressively. "Don't you know how to be embarrassed?"

"Master... how do you..." Say Jingshen.

"Tian Guang told me everything." Say Master Bu. "It's not the moral thing to do. Tomorrow, I will arrange for your wedding with Tian Guang."

Jingshen look up to her master in shock.

"Master, I can't-" Jingshen starts.

"Enough! You will do as I say." Master Bu orders. "You will stay in this room until tomorrow. Do not even think about running away."

Master then left in a poof of smoke.

Zi Ying is outside the room and heard everything. She clenched her fists together and thought to herself, "If I can't have him, neither can you."

The next morning, Jingshen was forced to go through the wedding ceremony with Tian Guang. As for Tian Guang, he's secretly happy that he gets to marry Jingshen.

As they're going through the ceremony, Zi Ying barged in.

"Jingshen, you can't marry Tian Guang." Say Zi Ying as she comes face to face with Jingshen.

"Zi Ying, what are you doing?" Say Tian Guang.

Zi Ying turns to Tian Guang and says, "If I can't have you, neither can Jingshen."

"What are you talking about?" Tian Guang asks.

Everybody else just sit there and watch the three of them.

"I did everything for you! I helped you all the time! Whenever Master punish you, I will always stand beside you and I will get punish for it! But, you're too blind to see my love. You only have your eyes on Jingshen! Today, I will kill Jingshen in front of you! Let's see if you love her enough to die for her!"

Zi Ying takes out her sword and starts attacking Jingshen. Luckily, Jingshen was prepared, so she already have her sword out as well.

Everybody got up and starts running outside.

A disciple comes running in and inform Master Bu that they can't escape. "Master, somebody have released the trap!"