Chapter 3: Arranged Marriage

After she returned home, she gave the antidote to her father. Her father then feed it to her mother and let her mother rest for a couple of days.

At the Palace

"Go call my daughter here. I have a few words to talk to her" the king ordered the maid.

"Yes, your majesty" replied the maid.

The maid have arrived at the princess place.

"Princess Xing Ing, your father, the King, wants to have a talk with you" reported the maid.

What does father wants to talk to me about?

"Okay, you go on ahead first I'll follow in a bit" Xing Ing said.

Xing Ing then headed over to her father to see what's the matter about. Her mother was also there.

"Father, you need to talk to me?" Asked Xing Ing.

"Yes my daughter. We have make peace with the kingdom Zhi Sui and I agree with the King there that we are going to betroth you to the 7th prince of that kingdom" said the King to Xing Ing.

"But father I don't want to marry somebody that I didn't know or love" said Xing Ing.

"My daughter, it's best if you listen to me because I only have one daughter which is you. I don't want you to become like your five brothers who don't listen at all. Please don't disappoint me" said the King.

"But..." replied Xing Ing but was cut off.

"No buts" said the King.

Xing Ing stomped back to her room. She need to find a way to break this marriage because she doesn't know who this 7th prince is and how he look like. But that would cause a war between their kingdom and the kingdom of Zhi Sui. Xing Ing then thought of a plan. She quickly headed to Jingshen's place.

"Jingshen. Jingshen" Xing Ing yelled softly from outside.

Jingshen went and open the door for Xing Ing. Xing Ing came inside and close the door.

"What is it? Why are you being so secretive?" Jingshen asked.

"Jingshen...can you help me? I'm getting betrothed to the 7th prince of Zhi Sui kingdom and I really don't want to marry him." Said Xing Ing.

"Can't you just break off the marriage? " asked Jingshen.

"I can't. That would just cause problems." said Xing Ing. "Jingshen, you are my best friend, can you go and... get married in my place?" Xing Ing asked Jingshen while holding her hand.

"I..I..." Jingshen stuttered.

"Please Jingshen, you don't want to see your friend marry someone that they don't love right?" Xing Ing questioned Jingshen.

"Right. But... *after thinking for a while* I will marry in your place" said Jingshen.

"Really?!" Asked Xing Ing.

"Yes" replied Jingshen. "But how am I suppose to come back? I'm not going to stay there forever right? "

"Of course not! You can always get a divorce later" said Xing Ing.

"What about my parents?" Asked Jingshen.

"Leave that to me" said Xing Ing.

Xing Ing took Jingshen into her palace as her personal maid. Jingshen stayed in Xing Ing's palace for a couple of days until one day a messenger from Zhi Sui kingdom came.

"Reporting to your majesty, a problem has occur in Zhi Sui kingdom. The king has send these gifts as an apology that we can not continue the wedding anymore" the messenger reported.

"What problem does Zhi Sui has to make the King call off the wedding?!" The king raged.

"The 7th prince has gone missing, your majesty" replied the messenger.

When Xing Ing heard the news she was really happy that they have call off the wedding. Xing Ing went back and tell Jingshen the news and that Jingshen don't have to marry in her place anymore. Jingshen was happy and have left the palace to return home. On her way home she met Ming Que.

*Bumped*

Jingshen looked up and saw Ming Que.

"So we met again" said Ming Que.

"Yes. What are you doing here?" Asked Jingshen.

"I'm going to hide in this kingdom for a while because my father force me into an arranged marriage" replied Ming Que.

Jingshen was confused for a bit because her best friend was getting into an arranged marriage also. But she shrugged it off thinking it was some other people who just happen to have the same problem.

"Really? Then I wish you luck hiding here then" Jingshen said.

"Thank you" Ming Que thanked.

Shift Scene:

"I want all of you to go find the 7th prince and bring him back to me!" Yelled the King of Zhi Sui. "Don't come back until you find him!!"

"Yes your majesty, we will do our best in finding the 7th prince" said the guards.

"You better or I will cut all of your heads off!" The king of Zhi Sui raged.

The guards then set out to find the 7th prince in every kingdom they can reach.

They finally reach Xing Ing's parent's kingdom.

"The 7th prince must be in this Kingdom, his highness was suppose to marry the princess of this kingdom" one of the guards said.

They searched and searched until they saw the 7th prince walking in the market and by this time Jingshen has already left.

"There he is!" one of the guards yelled.

They surrounded the 7th prince.

"Your highness, please come back with us. Your father, his majesty, is really mad" said one of the guards.

"I'm not going back!" Yelled Ming Que.

"We're sorry your highness. Please forgive our rudeness" the guards said.

The guards tried to catch Ming Que but then Ming Que hit some of them and they fell to The ground. But Ming Que couldn't stop them for long because there was a lot of them. The guards then took some ropes and tied them around Ming Que. They successfully capture Ming Que and has brought him back to Zhi Sui kingdom.

Note: Ming Que didn't know that the kingdom he was hiding in was the kingdom that he was betrothed to.