Chapter 41

Skyler POV

Skyler POV

It took a few minutes for us to let go of each other, and when we did, we were like someone who came from drowning. We are gasping for air as we continue to look at each other, smiling at what just happened. I put one of my hands to Casey's face and held and caressed it before speaking again.

"I love you so much, baby!" I said to him, then I pulled him again into my arms and hugged him. He hugs me too! I don't care if he answers me back or not, as long as he is with me! I'm okay with everything. I was hugging him so tight when...

"I love you too, Babe! I love you so much!"

I was shocked at what I suddenly heard from him. I was so appalled that I instantly pulled away from myself from our hug. I held him by his shoulders while looking at him closely. He is smiling so widely while looking at me.

"What did you say, baby?" I asked him. I don't know if I heard him right or I'm hallucinating.

"What?" He asked me while still smiling.

"Please repeat it, Baby! Please!" I said to him. I saw him close his eyes and breathe deeply before looking at me again with those beautiful brown eyes.

"I said it, baby! I love you! I love you so much!" With that, I instantly hug him tight. I'm so damn happy right now! I feel like I have everything now.

"Oh my god! You have no idea how happy I am right now! I love you so much, baby! Thank you! Thank you for finally saying it! I was so afraid that I might never hear you say it back to me, but I don't care! As long as you are here with me, I'm okay with anything! As long as it's you! I love you! I love you so much, my Casey!" I felt him pull me more into him by hugging me tighter.

We remained like this for a while. Casey pulled away. He held me by my cheeks and started to speak.

"I'm sorry if I only said those words to you just now. I know how much you have been waiting and longing for me to say it. I can see it in your eyes and face, babe! I'm sorry if I always become too late to say it, but I just want to ensure my feelings. I want to make sure that my feelings for you are not just a simple confusion because of everything happening between us. I never had someone like you in my life, baby!" Casey started to cry again, He tried to smile, but those tears kept flowing down his cheeks from his very eyes. I put my hands into his face and carefully wiped off those tears away. I hate seeing him like this, especially if it's because of me.

"Baby!"

"Don't worry. I'm okay, babe! I'm so thankful that you are still here standing in front of me, holding me like regardless of what happened yesterday. You! Skyler! You are the only one who made me feel this way, aside from my parents. The feeling of being loved and cared about despite me pushing you away. Despite our difference in our status in life, here you are kept on making me feel like I'm the most important person in your life."