Chapter 54

Author POV

Author POV

It's been two days since Casey and Skyler saw each other. Skyler is so busy with his basketball activities. Casey is still visiting Skyler's family, as promised, with Skyler's mom. Skyler was so busy that he even slept at his friend's condo unit because it's near the campus. His lover is not thinking about it much because Skyler still texts and calls him occasionally. This was the first time this had ever happened to them since they became a couple, but Casey understood it.

Casey, Jerah, and Lyka are currently in front of the bulletin board, waiting for the announcement of this period's top students. Today is the last day of this semester then they will have a summer break. They are finally entering the final year of their college journey.

Trying so hard not to be obvious, Casey feels so nervous right now. He has been working so hard to remain on the top. For the whole of last year, he ranked one among all the students in his course, but after all the things that happened this school year, he is not sure about his rank anymore.

He's been distracted, and a lot was going on in his life. Things that he didn't imagine will happen to him. Despite that, Casey will not change anything that happens, especially Skyler! His overly possessive but loving boyfriend. He will never regret letting him enter his life! Never!

~~~

Casey POV

"Casey, are you okay? You acting weird? Are you nervous?" Jerah suddenly asked me. We are currently just standing here in front of the bulletin board, waiting for the ranking result this semester.

"Ahh, I'm okay! I'm just a little nervous, but I'm good!" I said to her.

"I know what you feel, Casey. You don't need to hide it from us. We know how nervous you are right now, but for us? You have nothing to worry about! We know how much you worked hard! You deserve to be on top!" Lyka said as she was holding me. I just smiled at them and then continued to watch the big led monitor, which serves as our bulletin board at this University.

"It's going to be okay, Casey!" Jerah whispered to me.

After a few more minutes, the display on the monitor suddenly changes.

Here is the list of this semester's achievers!

Congratulations to the following student!

I saw these words flashing on the center monitor then it went up to the top of the monitor. One by one, the names of the ten students were displayed. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4, 3

2. Casey Chaichana

I don't know what to feel! I'm still processing what I am seeing right now!

So, I'm not on the top anymore?

I should still be happy with this, right? At least I'm not out on a dean's list, but why do I feel like my heart is aching a little? Why do I feel so disappointed and feel like a failure?